Active Topics

Notices

I know there are other threads on this topic, but none specific to vodafone (i think) after this pr1.2 update and i really want to know if its fixable, if so, how? I honestly used fmms every day coz i have a new born baby and you can imagine what me and my missus are like sending everyone and each other pictures. I want fmms up and running again so please help me out. It worked fine all the time before the update. This is my message when i try to send...

Operation failed
(32,'Broken pipe')
Please check your settings

I've tried everything, been on numerous forums and no one seems to kno or have actually fixed the problem (on vodafone) I didn't install fapn with update as its not needed, tried all modes, retyped all settings in fmms and connection settings. If anyone is on vodafone and there's is working i could do with knowing what there settings are to see if i've missed something
PLEASE HELP!!!
Nath

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on May 2008 @ France
Same problem here, and it created a new GPRS connection called "MMS", with empty settings.

I gave up on FMMS, I just use e-mail, even though the person I send the photo reads it later.

The instant reception of the mms is why I sometimes send MMS, like when I need advice for buying clothes, I just take a picture and send it to the girlfriend. An e-mail would be read hours after I leave the store, so it's useless.

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Atlanta, GA + Oxford UK
Same issue here.

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 274 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
What version are you using (the one from extras or the one from extras-devel)?

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Antipodes
Originally Posted by natedog400 View Post
I know there are other threads on this topic, but none specific to vodafone (i think) after this pr1.2 update and i really want to know if its fixable, if so, how? I honestly used fmms every day coz i have a new born baby and you can imagine what me and my missus are like sending everyone and each other pictures. I want fmms up and running again so please help me out. It worked fine all the time before the update. This is my message when i try to send...

Operation failed
(32,'Broken pipe')
Please check your settings

I've tried everything, been on numerous forums and no one seems to kno or have actually fixed the problem (on vodafone) I didn't install fapn with update as its not needed, tried all modes, retyped all settings in fmms and connection settings. If anyone is on vodafone and there's is working i could do with knowing what there settings are to see if i've missed something
PLEASE HELP!!!
Nath
Greetings, I would suggest un installing fMMS completely. Then reboot yr device. Then go and instal it again. once installed reboot yr device again. The go in and add yr Voda specific settings. after that, you guessed it ,reboot.

Once done, try sending yourself a mms, ensure that you have settings of "Rude" and Picture resizing ro "Medium" or "Small".

This should work

The Following User Says Thank You to wasserkuhl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 139 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on May 2008 @ France
Ok, I searched a bit, and finally managed to send a MMS :

- set up your settings ("internet connection : settings" in the FMMS "settings" menu) with the info there : http://wiki.maemo.org/MMS
- connect manually to the GPRS network called "MMS"
- send MMS with FMMS.

I didn't expect this app to need that much tuning, I don't think non-techie users would be able to make it work the way it is now. Showing a link to the wiki for configuration, until the first MMS is successfully sent, would be a nice feature for this app.

The Following User Says Thank You to choubbi For This Useful Post:
WOO HOOO! It works again, thanks to CHOUBBI follow this link... http://wiki.maemo.org/MMS
only thing is, after i checked all my settings it still wouldn't send unless polite or rude was selected and only on small or medium which was great because it worked!
I know how to send a large file... manually select your contract wap conection NOT mms... select polite mode, select large and save. This should now send large files!
Thanks all and let me know if it works for you
Nath

The Following User Says Thank You to natedog400 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 284 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wigan, UK
I too am having problems sending and receiving, its never really worked, although i have successfully received about 3 mms' out of the many many that i have received and sent about 2, but i dont know why these ones worked (all this was prior to PR 1.2!)

I am on vodafone UK, running PR 1.2 and using fmms version 1.1.9. I have contacted vodafone and they confirm mms is enabled on my account, so i got them to disable, and then re-enable it again to see if that would make a difference - it didnt

I have tried both these settings.....

Vodafone UK

* Access Point Name: wap.vodafone.co.uk
* MMSC: http://mms.vodafone.co.uk/servlets/mms
* Username: wap
* Password: user
* HTTP Proxy: 212.183.137.12
* Port Number: 8799

OR

* Access Point Name: wap.vodafone.co.uk
* MMSC: http://mms.vodafone.co.uk/servlets/mms/
* Username: wap
* Password: wap
* Proxy: 212.183.137.12
* Port number: 9201
Neither of these work, nor can i find any that do. When trying to send i get either "Operation failed, timed out" or "Operation failed, unable to contact operator" (or something like that).

Ive attached the logs for when trying to receive a mms using each of the settings above, they are distinguished by the port number.

Any help on this would be massively appreciated, cheers.
Attached Files
File Type: txt fmms.log(8799).txt (7.1 KB, 114 views)
File Type: txt fmms.log(9201).txt (6.9 KB, 101 views)

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Luleå, Sweden
No need to cross post.

/oxpo

Last edited by oxpo; 2010-07-05 at 18:24.

Originally Posted by kaos_king View Post
I too am having problems sending and receiving, its never really worked, although i have successfully received about 3 mms' out of the many many that i have received and sent about 2, but i dont know why these ones worked (all this was prior to PR 1.2!)

I am on vodafone UK, running PR 1.2 and using fmms version 1.1.9. I have contacted vodafone and they confirm mms is enabled on my account, so i got them to disable, and then re-enable it again to see if that would make a difference - it didnt

I have tried both these settings.....

Neither of these work, nor can i find any that do. When trying to send i get either "Operation failed, timed out" or "Operation failed, unable to contact operator" (or something like that).

Ive attached the logs for when trying to receive a mms using each of the settings above, they are distinguished by the port number.

Any help on this would be massively appreciated, cheers.
When i first updated to pr1.2 i had a load of problems in general, phone slow, some apps not working inc fmms, this was due to restoring the backup i made before the update, some of the apps i restored arn't even available for pr1.2 but i retrieved them anyway? then i think there's still things in the settings i backed up, to do with them apps inc fmms. This is a pain but make a note of all your apps and do another backup, reinstall pr1.2 via nokia pc suit then when you restore your backup, uncheck settings and apps list. then search and install your apps one by one, your phone should have no memory at all of fmms being there so install fmms again and put your settings back but do exactly what i did in my last post and see if it works. it worked for me. it just means fannying around with your settings to get ya phone back to how you want it. hope this helps my friend!

The Following User Says Thank You to natedog400 For This Useful Post: