Posts: 52 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by tweety View Post
Здравейте,интересувам се какви са тези преводи,и за какво точно става въпрос в този сайт http://www.transifex.net/languages/l/bg/ ???

Hello, wonder what those translations, and what exactly it comes to this site http://www.transifex.net/languages/l/bg/???
Hi,
this site is focused on enabling users easily add localizations to different packages. I'm not 100% sure that I know how things work - but in general I think that the developer registers the application that he/she wants, adds the .po files (they contain the strings to be localized), and then the translators go there pick up the files and translate them to a language they prefer. You can even translate the files online on the site. Our project is located here:
http://www.transifex.net/projects/p/...ns/c/main/l/bg
if you would like to help, you'll need an account and please let me know what you would like to work on - that way you'll be sure that I'm not working on that one already.

EDIT: Of course you can start localizing some of the other third party Maemo apps listed on the site I do not have plans to support them until the full base Maemo installation is localized in Bulgarian. If you need any help - just let me know

Last edited by todor_tsankov; 2010-02-15 at 08:07.

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Bulgaria Yambol
Интересува ме преведен ли е app manager ,file maneger?
защото на мен ми излизат на английски език?
I care about you is transferred to app manager, file maneger?
because of me leaving the English language?

Originally Posted by tweety View Post
Интересува ме преведен ли е app manager ,file maneger?
защото на мен ми излизат на английски език?
I care about you is transferred to app manager, file maneger?
because of me leaving the English language?
What I can tell you is that currently I'm working on the Application Manager localization, but it is not finished, so it is not pushed in the projects repository yet.
On a side note, I really like the idea that Catorise uses the categories from the App Manager, so the menu is automatically localized :-)

UPDATE 2010-02-17
New package revision r758 released. Takes into account the changes that came with PR1.1.1. Also added localizations for:
  • Application Manager
  • Backup Application
  • Statusbar Presence
  • File Manager
  • Countries - 100% finished
This time all kudos for the updates together with lots of polishing goes to Borislav Mitev - Thank you for your help!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to todor_tsankov For This Useful Post:
Posts: 26 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Bulgaria Yambol
thank you so much

bravo bravo imame si bg grupichka superrrr

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Bulgaria
Dear Todor,

Thank you so much for your hard work.

Regards to you and your family.

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Hi friends and fellow translators

We are doing a similar work (we translate to Greek) and lots of people were asking to be able to search for contacts in both Latin and Greek characters. I have found a way which might be interesting also for you guys since you have the Cyrillic character set.

See here for a screenshot and details: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...8&postcount=10

Hope its useful,
Christos

Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
Hi friends and fellow translators

We are doing a similar work (we translate to Greek) and lots of people were asking to be able to search for contacts in both Latin and Greek characters. I have found a way which might be interesting also for you guys since you have the Cyrillic character set.

See here for a screenshot and details: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...8&postcount=10

Hope its useful,
Christos
Hi, Christos,

Thank you very much for the heads up It's great to see that the community is constantly growing. I was pondering my head for quite some time how exactly to solve this particular problem. I will test this tonight.
One side question - are you part of the "n900 extra translations" project on transifex?

EDIT: I was considering to try it the other way around - to separate the tho alphabets - four fields for Cyrillic and three fields for English.
That way I'll end up with something like this (for Cyrillic):
0-9
А-Ж
З-Н
О-Ф
Х-Я
A-H
I-P
Q-Z

Maybe I'll try both and will see which makes more sense.

Last edited by todor_tsankov; 2010-02-17 at 20:57.

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by todor_tsankov View Post
Hi, Christos,

Thank you very much for the heads up It's great to see that the community is constantly growing. I was pondering my head for quite some time how exactly to solve this particular problem. I will test this tonight.
Yes, I was also breaking my head on this for some days. Hope it works for you.

One side question - are you part of the "n900 extra translations" project on transifex?
Yes again. I knew you are too, because I saw your post on the update and connected your name with the commits there.

EDIT: I was considering to try it the other way around - to separate the tho alphabets - four fields for Cyrillic and three fields for English.
That way I'll end up with something like this (for Cyrillic):
0-9
А-Ж
З-Н
О-Ф
Х-Я
A-H
I-P
Q-Z

Maybe I'll try both and will see which makes more sense.
Good idea; didn't think about that!
Your way has the advantage that keeps the side tabs short. That is, more space for the names.