Thank you soo much i32606 this one thing i soo wanted for soo long on our n900 i posted on many different threads requested to many different devs but no luck it must have been quite difficult thats why they didnt do it but finally its here thanks for all your hard work mate really appreciate it!

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by kaos_king View Post
Hey guys, I want to lock my phone to landscape all the time with the exeption of the phone app, is this possible as it seems the white/black lists are for portrait mode? TIA
Anyone got any ideas?

Anyone got any ideas?
Hi kaos_king, try to turn off Forced rotation and set the Phone's Display orientation into Portrait mode.

Is that your need?

Last edited by l32606; 2011-12-14 at 07:01.

Posts: 159 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ India
Anyone got any ideas?
disable forced rotation and in xterm type
Code:
sudo gainroot
gconftool -st bool /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/ui_can_rotate false

The Following User Says Thank You to knobby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
@l32606 - If you want your patches merged in CSSU, it is a good idea to join #maemo-ssu IRC (and stay there) and talk with MohmmadAG, as he is CSSU maintainer/administrator and has the rights to push MRs. On the side note maybe you'll have to rebase your MR on the top of last arcean's work once it is pushed.

BTW is .deb on first post compiled using code you requested to be merged in CSSU?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
@l32606 - If you want your patches merged in CSSU, it is a good idea to join #maemo-ssu IRC (and stay there) and talk with MohmmadAG, as he is CSSU maintainer/administrator and has the rights to push MRs. On the side note maybe you'll have to rebase your MR on the top of last arcean's work once it is pushed.

BTW is .deb on first post compiled using code you requested to be merged in CSSU?
Thank you for your information, freemangordon!

I didn't update the .deb on first post after my requesting merge cause I'm not sure if it is proper. you know, not a right way

should i do that?

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by l32606 View Post
Thank you for your information, freemangordon!

I didn't update the .deb on first post after my requesting merge cause I'm not sure if it is proper. you know, not a right way

should i do that?
Well, what is the big idea requesing a merge of code you are not sure it is proper?!?

Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Well, what is the big idea requesing a merge of code you are not sure it is proper?!?
My pool english...

I mean I don't known if it's right that I keep updating the deb package on first post. So I just modified and requested to be merged in CSSU and don't release .deb compiling using the code I requested to be merged in CSSU. It is just tested by myself these days.

The Following User Says Thank You to l32606 For This Useful Post:
While we are requesting this to be included in CSSU, I have experience the lock to be displayed in portrait mode occasionally. I am not sure whether its because of the angle or something. But if you hold the phone at 120 degrees and press the power button i could see the lock screen displayed in portrait mode. I am not sure whether anyone has experience it. Can anyone test it out

This is not to take away the good work done done by I32606.

attached is the image
Attached Images

Last edited by raghavmurali; 2011-12-19 at 15:01.

The Following User Says Thank You to raghavmurali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 284 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by knobby View Post
disable forced rotation and in xterm type
Code:
sudo gainroot
gconftool -st bool /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/ui_can_rotate false
Cheers knobby, the gconf command worked