Active Topics

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Just finished a 12 hr marathon addiction with nitdroid, installed close to 60+ apps, and still playing.... 4 am in the morning. I promise, I will put it down

Best apps so far:
Maps:
- Tansport Maps: has transport maps, metro, bus, rail for the whole world.
- Map it! dedicated Google map Online.

System:
- SystemPanel
- OptimizeMaster, hardware and software info about your N900, details down to version number!

FileManager:
- FileExplorer

Terminal:
- ConnectBot

Travel guides:
- ? list POI right on the map with evaluation!
- Forbidden City, Worlds biggest museum

Google Talk

Browser:
- Opera Mini
- Skyfire
- Dolphin

VNC:
- Remote VNC Ad

Note:
- Papyrus

Games:
- WAY TOO MANY!

Still cannot get root in nitdroid
Want to share yours?

I will edit the source of my apps soon, too tire now... I am also trying to get screen shots about the apps, no luck.
Access's Graffitti 2 was released TODAY, but cant get it from droid market........ oh well. I love palm stuff.
Skype beta installed, but not quite working yet, hope that would be my phone

Please dont post installation stuff here, this is mainly for the non - nitdroid N900 to salivate on

I have installed way too many apps and have NOT finished playing with them all. OMG....

Edit: submit my post from N900, under nitdroid thru VNC into my winPC. Why? Because I can...
Under nitdroid, I vnc'ed into my N810 running x11vnc, fun!

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2010-09-05 at 08:24.

The Following User Says Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
I really, really want this on my N810.
Best of two worlds: hardware by Nokia and OS by anyone but.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to silvermountain For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
You can't get root on your N900?
I have a way..... Put your N900 in R&D (RD) mode. Gives root.

Originally Posted by kingoddball View Post
You can't get root on your N900?
I have a way..... Put your N900 in R&D (RD) mode. Gives root.
Ummm.....how do you do it on nitdroid?

bun

How do you find anything in the market? can' even find google maps, not that it will work right now, but it's the only app I want. Android istelf is pretty cool.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bsving For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bsving View Post
How do you find anything in the market?....
Keep digging, start with your winPC, google website that has free software hosted, then get into the website and look for .apk. Not much different then trying to find a phone number from the phone book.........it is there, you just has to keep digging , I will list the links in a few days, they are scatered over many links and I do not have a system, kind of like a kid just being dropped into chocolate factory.

bun

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
Keep digging, start with your winPC, google website that has free software hosted, then get into the website and look for .apk. Not much different then trying to find a phone number from the phone book.........it is there, you just has to keep digging , I will list the links in a few days, they are scatered over many links and I do not have a system, kind of like a kid just being dropped into chocolate factory.

bun
Is slideme.org working from Nitdroid?
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Originally Posted by silvermountain View Post
Is slideme.org working from Nitdroid?
game? utility?....let me see

bun

How did you manage to get Opera Mini working? Last time I downloaded the latest release from opera's site it would crash at startup.

I have no idea. I just dl it and it runs. You may want to give it a try one more time.

For the old timers, there is BOINGOMOBILE with nitdroid. Yes, $7.99 per month, unlimited wifi ALL over the world. I loved it. Notebook wifi is $59.95 when away from USA. I installed and it seemed running. I would have to go to a MacDonald to test it or wait till my next trip. nitdroid team, thank you.

bun

Tags
boring, nitdroid n900, who cares