Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by andy68man View Post
Hello,

I love this app, I use it to turn all the computers on at work in the morning without running around like an idiot.

Just have a feature request - it would be cool if you could shutdown/hibernate computers as well. You'd need to store a username and password that is authorised to with the known hosts (as well as a comment and timeout maybe?) and add the shutdown/hibernate options into the right click menu.

Apparently you can use the samba net and rpcclient commands to shutdown/hibernate a remote host (see links below). Please let me know if I can help implement his in any way.

Thanks again!
What is the OS on these machines? linux? If so, I probably would guess that the best/easy way is using ssh... I wanted to implement these for mine so I could have it sleep but because the sleep mode doesn't work well on my machine I gave up...

It is certainly a good idea. As far as the code goes I don't think it will have much in common with wakeonlan. I will be glad to try to integrate the functions on the interface if someone can come up with the nuts and bolts... I am not sure how soon I will find time to research/implement it myself...

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
my pc has a wired connection, its connected to a wireless router, phone is connected to that via wlan
but when i click 'wake' it says 'broadcast to *-**-**-**-**-**-'
but pc dont turn on?
am i doing something wrong?

edit:
i can wake from sleep mode (and im more than happy with that)
but pc still wont wake from shutdown state

i have bios and windows setup to allow wake on lan

Last edited by leetut; 2010-11-29 at 12:38.

Originally Posted by leetut View Post
my pc has a wired connection, its connected to a wireless router, phone is connected to that via wlan
but when i click 'wake' it says 'broadcast to *-**-**-**-**-**-'
but pc dont turn on?
am i doing something wrong?

edit:
i can wake from sleep mode (and im more than happy with that)
but pc still wont wake from shutdown state

i have bios and windows setup to allow wake on lan
If it works to wake up from sleep mode it is not an issue with the configuration or software on the phone - the "protocol" is the same.

It must be either a hardware issue, bios or OS configuration on the PC. Is this a "brand" computer or something someone put together? I had issues in the past with a PSU that would not support waking the computer even if the PC BIOS did.

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network

The Following User Says Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
cheers for the reply, its a packard bell but i upgraded the original mother board and most other hardware, and it runs win7
i followed this guide to set up bios and windows:
http://lifehacker.com/348197/access-...th-wake+on+lan

how about a scheduler... Where we can schedule to put on or off our computer at some point of time... would be great.. as i like to watch movie while sleeping.. and some times i doze off.. this way i can just schedule it to turn off after some time..

Originally Posted by leetut View Post
cheers for the reply, its a packard bell but i upgraded the original mother board and most other hardware, and it runs win7
i followed this guide to set up bios and windows:
http://lifehacker.com/348197/access-...th-wake+on+lan
You may want to double check the specs for the power source... I would not be surprised it is the problem and it is probably one of the cheapest parts to replace

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

The Following User Says Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gautamr9 View Post
how about a scheduler... Where we can schedule to put on or off our computer at some point of time... would be great.. as i like to watch movie while sleeping.. and some times i doze off.. this way i can just schedule it to turn off after some time..
Unfortunately WAKE-on-lan does not work to poweroff devices - just power on.

I don't know of any standard cross platform way of shutting computers. If you know of any point me into the documentation and I will have a look - it is something that I would like to be able to do.

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

Originally Posted by fcrochik View Post
You may want to double check the specs for the power source... I would not be surprised it is the problem and it is probably one of the cheapest parts to replace
my power source was the last thing i upgraded (about 6months ago)
but i cant find a way to check if its compatable, and your probs right anyway

Originally Posted by fcrochik View Post
Unfortunately WAKE-on-lan does not work to poweroff devices - just power on.

I don't know of any standard cross platform way of shutting computers. If you know of any point me into the documentation and I will have a look - it is something that I would like to be able to do.
i remember that long back for symbian phones there used to be java based apps that relied on dotnet framework to allow users to view their desktop screens on their mobile devices nd control the actions of the mouse.. not able to remember the name.. it used bluetooth... maybe something on the similar lines!! ill try to find the documentation for u!!!

yey i got it working!!
i had win7 'wake up capabilities' set to 'magic packet'
and could wake from sleep only

but in the same settings i also have to have 'shutdown and wake up' set to 'enabled'
the guide i was following missed that part out,
now it wakes from shutdown, yippee its great this!!