Posts: 172 | Thanked: 628 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Albuquerque, NM, USA
Originally Posted by matemana View Post
could you check again there are two files. one named 'mode' and second 'modes' first file is empty for me but second has resolution in it. i was looking for this info thanks for help. i'll make changes to script to select resolution automatically.
Sounds like we're the same. On my system "mode" was empty and "modes" had the screen res.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to preflex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 163 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on Feb 2017 @ Tbilisi, Georgia (caucasus)
Originally Posted by preflex View Post
Sounds like we're the same. On my system "mode" was empty and "modes" had the screen res.
All right then, i'll make script.

One thing, I do not understand how this works? is this some kind of emulation? Or does this arch linux use sailfish os kernel?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to matemana For This Useful Post:
It's not emulated. It's just a chroot. The kernel (and some other resources, hence the bind mounts) are shared.

See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chroot

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to preflex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 163 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on Feb 2017 @ Tbilisi, Georgia (caucasus)
Here is script to automatically get resolution.
This only needs one argument. for example: startlxde.

This can be change to search that file and if it's not available or if it could not find resolution to ask user to enter by hand, but i'm on work now and do not have time. When i get home i'll add that.

If you change $y $x places you will see half of your screen. Because Arch itself will open in landscape mode, but the whole window is in portrait mode. So if we somehow manage to rotate whole window itself it will work in landscape mode

HTML Code:
resolution=`cat /sys/class/graphics/fb0/modes | grep -o -P '(?<=U:).*(?=p)'`
x=${resolution%%x*}
y=${resolution##*x}
chroot /opt/easychroot/Arch bash /usr/share/easychroot/scripts/start_xwayland_user_shell.sh $y $x $1

Last edited by matemana; 2017-03-09 at 10:38.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to matemana For This Useful Post:
It's not emulated. It's just a chroot. The kernel (and some other resources, hence the bind mounts) are shared.

See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chroot
Your script had typo and there were many outputs in terminal. correct it.

/usr/share/easychroot/scripts/start_xwayland_user_shell.sh: line 12: dbus-lsunch: command not found

it should be dbus-launch

Best way to kill arch linux processes

just run this command

pid=`ps -ef | grep -v grep | grep xw | awk '{print $2}'` && kill -9 $pid

Can you tell me what terminal output do you have when running DeskChroot.sh?

Here is what i am having everytime i run it on Nexus 5

HTML Code:
No backend specified through command line argument, trying auto resolution
Disabling glamor and dri3, EGL setup failed
Failed to initialize glamor, falling back to sw
X-Server started on display :0
[D] unknown:0 - Configuring Lock Action
[W] unknown:0 - Could not create scene graph context for backend 'customcontext' - check that plugins are installed correctly in /usr/lib/qt/plugins
[W] unknown:21 - file:///usr/share/kwin/virtualkeyboard/main.qml:21:1: module "QtQuick.VirtualKeyboard" is not installed 
     import QtQuick.VirtualKeyboard 2.1 
     ^
[W] unknown:21 - file:///usr/share/kwin/virtualkeyboard/main-enterprise.qml:21:1: module "QtQuick.Enterprise.VirtualKeyboard" is not installed 
     import QtQuick.Enterprise.VirtualKeyboard 2.0 
     ^
[W] unknown:0 - Could not locate service type file kservicetypes5/kwin-effect.desktop, tried ("/root/.local/share", "/usr/local/share", "/usr/share")
[W] unknown:0 - Could not locate service type file kservicetypes5/kwin-effect.desktop, tried ("/root/.local/share", "/usr/local/share", "/usr/share")
[W] unknown:0 - Could not locate service type file kservicetypes5/kwin-script.desktop, tried ("/root/.local/share", "/usr/local/share", "/usr/share")
[W] unknown:0 - Could not locate service type file kservicetypes5/kwin-script.desktop, tried ("/root/.local/share", "/usr/local/share", "/usr/share")
[D] unknown:0 - Session path: "/org/freedesktop/login1/session/c2"
Service started, version: 7.0.0
access control disabled, clients can connect from any host
dbus-update-activation-environment: warning: error sending to systemd: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.ChildExited: Process org.freedesktop.systemd1 exited with status 1
** Message: main.vala:134: log directory: /home/nemo/.cache/lxsession/LXDE
** Message: main.vala:135: log path: /home/nemo/.cache/lxsession/LXDE/run.log
[W] unknown:0 - X11 implementation of KKeyServer accessed from non-X11 platform! This is an application bug.

Last edited by matemana; 2017-03-09 at 21:39.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to matemana For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Hi. In regards to several of the warnings you are getting, there seems to be an inconsistency in the file naming convention. If you go to

/usr/share/kservicetypes5

you will see that the file (or services) do not have a dash in the name.

That is

kwin-effect.desktop

is called

kwineffect.desktop

in the directory. Although probably not the best solution, I just made a symbolic link to the correct file in the same directory.

Last edited by mscion; 2017-03-09 at 23:58. Reason: Corrected file path

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 33 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Netherlands
Great work. Thanks for it. I run it on a oneplus one.

I tried to use plasmashell but everything is too small. (1920x1080 display) and eventhough I change dpi and 'scale desktop' a new start shows everything still too small (except the 'scale desktop' preview which seem to be the only widget that knows about this setting).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wdehoog For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by wdehoog View Post
Great work. Thanks for it. I run it on a oneplus one.

I tried to use plasmashell but everything is too small. (1920x1080 display) and eventhough I change dpi and 'scale desktop' a new start shows everything still too small (except the 'scale desktop' preview which seem to be the only widget that knows about this setting).
If you're using xfce, you might try changing the setting in the "Fonts" tab in xfce's Appearance settings.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to preflex For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Hi. In regards to several of the warnings you are getting, there seems to be an inconsistency in the file naming convention. If you go to

/usr/local/share/kservicetypes5

you will see that the file (or services) do not have a dash in the name.

That is

kwin-effect.desktop

is called

kwineffect.desktop

in the directory. Although probably not the best solution, I just made a symbolic link to the correct file in the same directory.
Thanks!

For me the files were in /usr/share/kservicetypes5, and not in /usr/local/share/kservicetypes5.

Also there is a similar issue with the kwin-scripts.desktop file, which can be fixed the same way.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to preflex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Thanks!

For me the files were in /usr/share/kservicetypes5, and not in /usr/local/share/kservicetypes5.

Also there is a similar issue with the kwin-scripts.desktop file, which can be fixed the same way.
Oops! You are right. I had cut and pasted the wrong part of the error message when writing the post. The path begins with /usr/share... Regardless, the warning was due to the file name. I'll edit my post. Thanks!

Last edited by mscion; 2017-03-10 at 04:09.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post: