Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 547 | Thanked: 1,383 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
fMMS 1.2.3 released aka "... have to run to the bus"

* Norweigan, Thai and Albanian translation (for credits see Transifex site)
* Caption from 'Share via service' propagates to sender titlebar
* Copyright notice in 'About applicationÃ' dialogue
* Banner shown after saving is completed
* Listview is not updated when started from send_mms dbus call (faster launch from 3rd party apps)

Problem with fMMS? Run in x-terminal: cp /tmp/fmms.log /home/user/MyDocs/
After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.
E-mail the log to me, if you don't have the email address, drop me a PM. Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900
fAPN - GUI for adding a new GPRS APN
If you like this post, don't be shy to thank me -->

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to frals For This Useful Post:
Posts: 172 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ San Francisco, CA
Originally Posted by frals View Post
No idea - attach the log please
Just emailed you the log - thanks!

EDIT:

Or so I thought:

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

fmms@frals.se

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 5.1.1 <fmms@frals.se>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table (state 14).

Last edited by jsbigs; 2010-08-05 at 18:06.

Is it possible to select the language to use in fmms?

Originally Posted by jsbigs View Post
Just emailed you the log - thanks!

EDIT:

Or so I thought:

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

fmms@frals.se

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 5.1.1 <fmms@frals.se>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table (state 14).
Please resend, my email server has apparently been acting up the past week.

Originally Posted by illo1977 View Post
Is it possible to select the language to use in fmms?
It uses whatever language the device is configured to use, to override you can change the LC_* env variables and fMMS should use these instead.

After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.
E-mail the log to me, if you don't have the email address, drop me a PM. Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900

Originally Posted by nexus101 View Post
b) If there's no entry in the the contacts list (i.e. the address book) then the addresser is not displayed correctly. It seems that an arbitrary contact name is chosen from the address book. If you open an MMS and look at the header, you can see the correct address.
I'm unable to reproduce this issue - could you please get back to me if this is still an issue? Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900

hey guys. how do i config the useragent in fmms ? and set it permit , reason to ask this because tmobile block the picture size for certian device that not recognize from them so size will decrease to smalles thumbview.

Originally Posted by ryanl33x1511 View Post
hey guys. how do i config the useragent in fmms ? and set it permit , reason to ask this because tmobile block the picture size for certian device that not recognize from them so size will decrease to smalles thumbview.
Please read the first post of this thread, thank you.

fMMS 1.2.4 released aka "drafts! DRAFTS! FINALLY THE DRAFT!"
* now saving unsent message as draft! (Fixes MB#9305)

fMMS - MMS for your N900

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to frals For This Useful Post:
Then just send it as an email!!!! Oh my god why are you people so hell bent on sticking to this archaic system!!!! Get youmfriend to set up their own email account and they will thank you for it!!!! If the the phone can accept MMS then I garauntee you it can have an email account set up. It is basically the same thing but there are no size restictions via email and you can add as much as you like. Make sure your recipient has a hotmail, Gmail or any other home POP email client set up (ie tiscali, blueyonder, btinternet, etc). It is inifinitley easier than mucking around with an mms programe, it will litterally take a minute or two and have a 100% success rate.

Don't faff around with an archaic method of transfering data that doesn't work for some stupid reason thru thislinux based system. And as much as the designer tries, it is not a reliable alternative to standard phones. It's exactly the same process as setting up an email account on your computer and pretty much every phone available nowadays can do this. My wifes samsung from 5 years ago does so I'm sure your recipiemts does too. Just remember an mms is just an email!

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
I can't seem to up update the fMMS to the latest one in the app manager at all. It keeps saying the update failed.

Originally Posted by Dastis View Post
Then just send it as an email!!!! Oh my god why are you people so hell bent on sticking to this archaic system!!!! Get youmfriend to set up their own email account and they will thank you for it!!!! If the the phone can accept MMS then I garauntee you it can have an email account set up. It is basically the same thing but there are no size restictions via email and you can add as much as you like. Make sure your recipient has a hotmail, Gmail or any other home POP email client set up (ie tiscali, blueyonder, btinternet, etc). It is inifinitley easier than mucking around with an mms programe, it will litterally take a minute or two and have a 100% success rate.

Don't faff around with an archaic method of transfering data that doesn't work for some stupid reason thru thislinux based system. And as much as the designer tries, it is not a reliable alternative to standard phones. It's exactly the same process as setting up an email account on your computer and pretty much every phone available nowadays can do this. My wifes samsung from 5 years ago does so I'm sure your recipiemts does too. Just remember an mms is just an email!
Thanks for your invaulable input on why MMS does not fit your use case, it really enriched this thread and helped development of this project progress.

Regarding MMS is just an email, I disagree, there are several differences, but otoh, you could always argue they both contain (almost always, anyway) a message, hence is the same thing...

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
I can't seem to up update the fMMS to the latest one in the app manager at all. It keeps saying the update failed.
What does the error log in app manager say? If you long-tap on fMMS and click details, does it say any conflict or anything?

fMMS - MMS for your N900

Last edited by frals; 2010-08-07 at 16:48.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to frals For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada rox, bada rulez, fmms, mms, mms config, n900, python