Notices

Does anyone know how to solve this problem, every MMS i get i get like 3+ notifications per message. Also, when i try to view them, the ribbon notification drops down and says "download MMS" and then the ribbon goes away and nothing happens. I'm on Tmo USA btw.

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 277 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Brighton, UK
Hey. Just wanted to start with the usual statement of gratitude for adding MMS support to my beloved N900.

I'm toying with importing of of content from VMG files into Maemo's eventlogger system, and in the course of looking at how it works, I've noticed that it outwardly seems quite easy to extend. I've given a *very* quick cursory glance at how fMMS stores it's data, and it seems to have it's own way of storing things though.

So I was wondering, has/was any consideration given to using the eventlogger system for fMMS's backend? My NBU files also contain all my old MMS messages, and it'd be nice to import those as well, though as they're small in number I'm not as fussed as I am about my SMS messages. Still, it'd be pretty cool to be able to import my MMSes the same way as my SMSes, rather than having to have a separate way of importing them into fMMS's data backend.

Posts: 547 | Thanked: 1,383 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by ikerrg View Post
Yes, "es_ES.po" is 100% translated (Spanish from Spain), but I think there is another file ("es.po") for the generic Spanish translation that does not appear at transifex and that I cannot translate. Can you get access to that file?

Best regards.
http://gitorious.org/fmms/translations

Originally Posted by scmp View Post
Hi,
How do I delete a message appearing on the list (fmms 1.2.8), but most can not download it.
Thanks.
Read first post (long tap on the message)

Originally Posted by damagedspline View Post
Any chance that a codepage selection configuration option will be added in the future?
Might be able to make it a gconf-setting, probably won't add it to the configuration dialog though

Originally Posted by achusaysblessyou View Post
Does anyone know how to solve this problem, every MMS i get i get like 3+ notifications per message. Also, when i try to view them, the ribbon notification drops down and says "download MMS" and then the ribbon goes away and nothing happens. I'm on Tmo USA btw.
Make sure all settings are correct because in theory it should stop as soon as fMMS manages to send the "I downloaded the message now"-message, which requires correct settings.

Originally Posted by mr_jrt View Post
Hey. Just wanted to start with the usual statement of gratitude for adding MMS support to my beloved N900.

I'm toying with importing of of content from VMG files into Maemo's eventlogger system, and in the course of looking at how it works, I've noticed that it outwardly seems quite easy to extend. I've given a *very* quick cursory glance at how fMMS stores it's data, and it seems to have it's own way of storing things though.

So I was wondering, has/was any consideration given to using the eventlogger system for fMMS's backend? My NBU files also contain all my old MMS messages, and it'd be nice to import those as well, though as they're small in number I'm not as fussed as I am about my SMS messages. Still, it'd be pretty cool to be able to import my MMSes the same way as my SMSes, rather than having to have a separate way of importing them into fMMS's data backend.
I was looking at it at some point, but writing to my own sqlite was easier in the end to avoid concurrent access problem or accidentially corrupting the whole rtcom database. Not to keen on changing the database layout at this point to be honest, but I might be able to assist in how to get whatever import script you are using able to insert the MMS in to fmms.db

Problem with fMMS? Run in x-terminal: cp /tmp/fmms.log /home/user/MyDocs/
After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.
E-mail the log to me, if you don't have the email address, drop me a PM. Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900
fAPN - GUI for adding a new GPRS APN
If you like this post, don't be shy to thank me -->

That lacking official MMS support is a pain in a ***!

My operator reconfigures the settings in HLR when SIM-card is replaced in N900 after it has been in another phone model before.

So, every time someone puts his/her SIM-card to another phone and back to N900, (s)he has to call to the operator so they manually turn the MMS on again. The operator says they do not even have to, but they just like to play nice. They blame Nokia not to provide fixed XML-config-files to the network devices.

Posts: 82 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK, England
Hi there just updated to the latest version (App manager).

Mine works fine although I have had to add in the setting my self (T-Mobile UK)

I was wandering why when I select "Havoc" mode the MMS send/receive takes a long time, but when I select "Polite" mode the send/receive works a lot faster.

Both times I was in 3.5G, and In havoc I was connected to the WLAN so no other apps services were using the GPRS to send/receive data except for fMMS.

Is it just me that's having this problem or anyone else?

Posts: 385 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
Now I'm really in a mess, it appears like.
I was on fmms 1.2.9 when I received notification about 1.3.0, but the 1.2.9 seems to have som serious issue with deinstalling. It always failed, have tried reinstalling, purging, trying to fix dependencies and all that typical stuff. Apt won't let me pass this error to install anything else at all.

Am I alone with this? Would be happy if someone could help me out, maybe the package owner.

Here's the problem:
Code:
Nokia-N900:~# apt-get -f install
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 6 not upgraded.
2 not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 126kB of archives.
After this operation, 0B of additional disk space will be used.
Get:1 http://repository.maemo.org fremantle/free fmms 1.2.9 [126kB]
Fetched 126kB in 0s (244kB/s)
(Reading database ... 38198 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace fmms 1.2.9 (using .../archives/fmms_1.2.9_all.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement fmms ...
dpkg: warning - old post-removal script returned error exit status 255
dpkg - trying script from the new package instead ...
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/fmms_1.2.9_all.deb (--unpack):
 subprocess new post-removal script returned error exit status 255
dpkg: error while cleaning up:
 subprocess post-removal script returned error exit status 255
Errors were encountered while processing:
 /var/cache/apt/archives/fmms_1.2.9_all.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
Nokia-N900:~#

The Following User Says Thank You to Larswad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
I had the same problem as you Larswad. Have you tried rebooting? That fixed it for me, oddly enough. (Though for me after the first time this happened FMMS disappeared from the list of installed stuff - though it was still there and working on the device - so I tried installing it a-new repeatedly before getting around to the reboot.)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 385 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
Like Dexter's sister Debrah said when she was astonished: Sh*t a brick and f*ck me with it!
That worked, I had never expected a reboot would do a difference for that kind of thing. Interesting, wonder what the problem was.
I wish I could thank you twice here Mentalist Traceour.
I'm back on track, thanks.

Last edited by Larswad; 2010-11-22 at 11:53.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Larswad For This Useful Post:
hi frals noobmonkey advised me to contact you. am a complete dummy trying to install fmms but wont let me says there is app conflict with maemo 5. i dont know how to code or anything and is pretty daunting. any help please?

Posts: 117 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ San Diego
I still, for the life of me cannot get this damn phone to download MMS from Tmobile. Does anyone have a guide? I've tried all different types of settings talked about in here and i still cant get it to work.

damn! I got it working but now it won't work again! LOL

Last edited by Russianhaxor; 2010-11-23 at 06:35.

Tags
bada rox, bada rulez, fmms, mms, mms config, n900, python