Notices

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Bulgaria
and "havoc" means???
just set it to havoc, but still don't know what it means.

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 398 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ USA
Originally Posted by bat_malin View Post
and "havoc" means???
just set it to havoc, but still don't know what it means.
The havoc mode was explained on the first page.

The Following User Says Thank You to khuong For This Useful Post:
Posts: 51 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Klein/Spring, Texas, USA
[QUOTE=carlon;964027]
Originally Posted by jdb2 View Post
Still no success -- same "Operation Failed" -- although I now get a little icon in the status area when the message is downloading.

Looking at the log, it seems that the python that handles the decoding and viewing of the message is crashing :

Hi, I'm running out of ideas, the icon in the status area is because it set to havoc mode.
Strange. I've had it set to havoc mode before and I've never seen that icon.

Are you using a separate setting for MMS as opposed to your 3g/gsm browser settings.
Not that I know of.

If you don't mind post your 3g/gsm config and the config that you use in the fmms app.
See the attached files. Note that entries with the value "[ deleted ]" were deleted by me for security reasons.

jdb2

Edit: Thanks to Frals for pointing out that I had forgotten to delete my phone number and sim imsi from the attachments.
Attached Files
File Type: txt system-osso-connectivity-IAP.txt (2.0 KB, 115 views)
File Type: txt system-osso-connectivity-network_type-GPRS.txt (674 Bytes, 113 views)
File Type: txt var-lib-gconf-apps-fmms-%gconf.xml.txt (1.6 KB, 110 views)

Last edited by jdb2; 2011-03-09 at 18:25.

Posts: 547 | Thanked: 1,383 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by jdb2 View Post
Strange. I've had it set to havoc mode before and I've never seen that icon.
It should always appear when fMMS sets up the connection. What version are you running? (App menu -> About)

The reason the decoder seems to be crashing is because the MMSC reports the file size of the message as: Content-Length: 46 which usually means it's not really an MMS that was downloaded.

Your settings seems more or less ok, you can try to start from scratch by going to the app menu and press "Reset all settings" and then restarting the application.

@mihapodb: chown -R user:users /home/user/.fmms

@carlon: /tmp/fmms.log

@nnccii: Not implemented yet

Problem with fMMS? Run in x-terminal: cp /tmp/fmms.log /home/user/MyDocs/
After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.
E-mail the log to me, if you don't have the email address, drop me a PM. Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900
fAPN - GUI for adding a new GPRS APN
If you like this post, don't be shy to thank me -->

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to frals For This Useful Post:
fMMS works very well, thank you! I use AT&T, and the settings provided on the wiki just worked. After testing in polite mode, I switched to Havoc mode, which worked precisely as advertised.

I just posted a feature request to bugzilla, about having an "MMS" option for contacts and contact shortcuts, just as they currently have an "SMS" option: https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=12028

Posts: 328 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Venezuela
Hi,
@ jdb2. As far as i can tell everything looks fine however i'm far from being an expert on the topic, what i have suggested to you in the past are methods i have used to get my fmms working, but as i pointed out previously, since i upgraded to ver 1.3.3 i have not been able to successfully send and mms. Sorry that i couldn't not have been more helpful.

@Frals. I attached the log file that you suggested, if you need anything else just ask. I appreciate the help. Let me just briefly explain the problem; i can receive mms just fine, but when i try to send it's not being received by the recipient although the mms is being discounted from my mobile plan. this happen before with ver 1.3.0 but it because my phone number was set to 0 in the var/lib/gconf/apps/fmms/\%gconf.xml file.

Thanks again
Attached Files
File Type: txt tmp_fmms_log.txt (7.5 KB, 107 views)

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Klein/Spring, Texas, USA
Well, *for the first time*, fMMS works on my N900! Thanks Frals! All I had to do after resetting the settings was clear the user name and password and set the mode to havoc. I then used one of those "free" Internet sites which send MMS to a specified number and provider with text and optional attachment and it worked!

I don't know why all those other MMS I received appeared to contain no bodies even though there were image files in the subjects and even stranger why T-Mobile's own test MMS appeared to contain no body. They are all old -- I don't know if that has something to do with it. Also, excepting the test message, they were all sent via AT&T.

Keep up the good work!

jdb2

Good stuff, i guess that just leaves me :-\

Hi frals,
i removed the app and installed again, then i sent an mms and here is the new log
Attached Files
File Type: txt fmms.log.txt (6.2 KB, 141 views)

Posts: 547 | Thanked: 1,383 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
@carlon: Unfortunately I have no idea what is going wrong since the MMSC responds "Ok"

Problem with fMMS? Run in x-terminal: cp /tmp/fmms.log /home/user/MyDocs/
After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.
E-mail the log to me, if you don't have the email address, drop me a PM. Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900
fAPN - GUI for adding a new GPRS APN
If you like this post, don't be shy to thank me -->

Tags
bada rox, bada rulez, fmms, mms, mms config, n900, python