Active Topics

Originally Posted by Bobbe View Post
My students loved to show off their Iphones and Ipod touches and stuff, and it felt just excellent to show my NIT to them. I made them jealous by doing INCREDIBLE things like... copying / pasting. Oh yeah, and downloading a file too. There's a TUTORIAL for you to be able to download a file to an Iphone. A TUTORIAL!
LOL, yeah, I don't really understand why some people talk about other manufacturers having to play catchup with Apple when Apple's devices are clearly lacking some pretty basic features (heck when they launched they didn't even have applications).

Anyway welcome to the forum Bobbe!

The Following User Says Thank You to krisse For This Useful Post:
Posts: 119 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Brasilia, Brazil
Thanks Krisse!

I was caught up in the Iphone crazy till the first time I Googled it. When I saw this article on Wired talking about speculation if the new Firmware for Iphone would allow to copy and paste I was like "who would WANT a phone like that?" Who would pay thousands of dollars on contract for a phone that would look cool but deliver absolutely nothing?

Apparently, a lot of people.

But anyway, glad to be here!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bobbe For This Useful Post:
Hello everyone. Just got an n810, they're so cheap now. I'm familiarizing myself with Maemo and I've learned quite a bit here, so I figured I ought to register.

Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to Kelphead For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Originally Posted by Kelphead View Post
Hello everyone. Just got an n810, they're so cheap now. I'm familiarizing myself with Maemo and I've learned quite a bit here, so I figured I ought to register.

Thanks
Welcome, kelphead, this forum is not only super informative, but is actually better than Talk Radio.

The Following User Says Thank You to Den in USA For This Useful Post:
Posts: 258 | Thanked: 176 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Paris France
Welcome !
This forum is fullllllll of everything you need to use your Tablet ... but you may have to digg a little bit ...

The Following User Says Thank You to totololo For This Useful Post:
Hi all ,
Thanks for having me , got an n810 about 2 weeks ago ,
first linux device , still learnig, hope someone will answer my multimedia questions LOL . MISSLE!

The Following User Says Thank You to MISSLE For This Useful Post:
I just have to say it's really, really great to have a solid community for this platform. My N800 is still on it's way and I can't freakin' wait. I'm gonna work on some theme designs once I get it!

» N800, cloned Diablo on 2 GB SD (Device: 600 MB, Internal: 256 MB, Swap: 256 MB), 8 GB external SD

The Following User Says Thank You to jself For This Useful Post:
Posts: 258 | Thanked: 176 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Paris France
Yeh, the community made a lot of godd work to make the limited (at the begining) NIT so usefull ...

The Following User Says Thank You to totololo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zyondurex View Post
Greetings all, new to linux and the forums.
Anyone living near NJ USA ?
Welcome! Three weeks later.

NB, NJ here.

Joe

The Following User Says Thank You to Justjoe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on May 2009 @ Tacoma Washington
I just bought a Nokia N810 also...so far it has been a nightmare ! Join Maemo.org..how in the heck do I ask simple questions on this website is beyond me..Maemo.Talk doesn't tell me anything so I figured I would just randomly pick any subject and send a "Reply" hoping someone/anyone will tell me how to ask the "community" questions??? USB Control is my main interest.but it will not install on my tablet and am trying to figure out why?? And by the way, what is a "thread"???

The Following User Says Thank You to StrykerMan2009 For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada boom, bada rox, hotelcalifornia, new users, newbie, newmo!, w2tmo, welcome to maemo.org