Active Topics

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
there are 2 files for each type of conversation 1 html file filled with divs you can rearrange and 1 css file that holds margins and such.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Posts: 805 | Thanked: 440 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Mississauga, On
I got my woman/phone, how do I set this up sir?!

Also can i edit those files right from the device? is there a text editor i can use to access/open those files?

Originally Posted by andrewfblack View Post
try looking here should be what your looking for

/usr/share/rtcom-messaging-ui/html

let me know if it works I would like to see it.
How do I get to this? :S I tried file manager, no dice.

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
I can remove the name havn't tried adding my avatar. Let me know what you are looking for and I'll edit it.
Where are the avatars stored? I'd like to add mine, but don't really want it hanging around in my Documents folder..

EDIT: I'd also like for Conversations to display my Screen Name instead of my [AIM] account name, but can't seem to get it to do that.. I've got a Screen Name set in my Account prefs, but it seems to do nothing.

I then went and edited /home/user/.rtcomm-accounts/accounts.cfg

The Screen Name set in prefs shows up under a field called 'Nickname'

There are also fields called 'DisplayName' - which was blank - and 'NormalizedName' - which contained my account name..

I added my preferred Screen Name to both, but no dice -- Conversations still shows my AIM account name in an IM window.

Any ideas?

Last edited by Bingley Joe; 2010-01-17 at 18:34.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bingley Joe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by Bingley Joe View Post
Where are the avatars stored? I'd like to add mine, but don't really want it hanging around in my Documents folder..
If you select your avatars from a file, the file is no longer needed - a copy is taken into one of ~/.osso-abook/avatars or ~/.osso-abook/photos depending on type.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 356 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
If you select your avatars from a file, the file is no longer needed - a copy is taken into one of ~/.osso-abook/avatars or ~/.osso-abook/photos depending on type.
OK, good to know -- thanks

Posts: 1,090 | Thanked: 476 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ingolstadt, Germany
i played little bit with the three files and was able to move around the objects.

sadly, i didn't get my avatar to appear with changing "MessagingWidgetsSMSConversation" hmtl and js. only got one black rectangle with a border.
it didn't matter if i set the path to image directly or added some lines for "self" setting the missing properties - even tried some code from the ChatConversation.js - nothing.
but i have to say that my coding is rather noobish - never learned js.

mhm... maybe they don't show the avatar in the sms window because they can't *laugh*

if anyone of you gets the own avatar showing up - please describe how you did it. (modding and uploading the file is not permitted according to the files first lines)

one more thing:
in these files there are so many comments like "FIXME" or "request". seems for me that they hadn't enough time to set it up properly...

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
don't know if you can do you have a n900 yet?

This is something I did as a test, its moves avatar for sms to right I am going to try and add my avatar to sms as well since its not there by default. Also I will make the avatars on IM message alternate. with Your avatar on left and other persons on right.

Edit: Went back and blurred my conversation.

how do you do this?? plus an avatar for "you" would make this perfect!
Attached Images

Last edited by F2thaK; 2010-01-18 at 03:12.

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ United States - Saudi Arabia
I like the idea

The Following User Says Thank You to salah99 For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada rox, his lunchbox