Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Hi frals.
I checked again this version (0.9.10) and I found is that version it stopped to receive the GIF images. I receive the mms with GIF, but I can't open this message

Posts: 547 | Thanked: 1,383 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by jimbochou View Post
Hi frals,

I've noticed on occasions that I may be out of reception when an MMS is being sent to me. The network operator doesn't resend the MMS so frequently and I do not know when they will try (or even if they will re-try). I ran into a problem where I couldn't receive a particular MMS, so I put my SIM card into my other phone (Symbian). On the Symbian phone, in the Messaging application, there is an option called "MMS notifications" which will create a connection to the network and check for any MMSs which have not been sent to my phone. I can then choose to download any of those MMSs.
This could mean some whole new view for fMMS but I think it's important since an MMS could go totally unnoticed and left there sitting on the network. One could argue that the network should try more frequently but unfortunately changing that is a lot harder...
Uh, good point, but that feature is quite a big undertaking and I don't see myself having time to do it any time soon to be honest - patches are welcome though!

Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
Hi frals.
I checked again this version (0.9.10) and I found is that version it stopped to receive the GIF images. I receive the mms with GIF, but I can't open this message
Could I trouble you for a log?

Problem with fMMS? Run in x-terminal: cp /tmp/fmms.log /home/user/MyDocs/
After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.
E-mail the log to me, if you don't have the email address, drop me a PM. Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900
fAPN - GUI for adding a new GPRS APN
If you like this post, don't be shy to thank me -->

The Following User Says Thank You to frals For This Useful Post:
Posts: 210 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki, Finland
Couple ideas I thought I'd share:

Firstly I've already pleeded for this already once, but having some kind of progress bar to see if the file is actually being sent would be awesome. just a [******--] 80% done - kind of thing. Now I many times just look at the "resizing and sending" thing and am not sure if anything is happening. Sometimes (earlier iterations) it never sent and was stuck saying the resizing bit. So progress bar would be awesome to see something is happening.

The other thing that would be awesome is that the number bar could also work as a guesser. I mean instead of a number I'd start writing Dani - and it would guess daniel. maybe the phone book menu could jump out?
Or if I knew I had a contact named john, I write john and it would take johns number there. If there's multiple matches, a pop-out box could have the different names.

Also would be nice if in the number field even when picking a contact from the contacts list would display atleast the picture of the contact(if these is a picture) and maybe the name of the contact as well.

Thanks if you bothered reading through

fMMS won't connect for me.

It loads up and shows old mms messages (from older version of fmms) but does nothing with my current connection, it doesn't disconnect my current connection (rude mode) and so it doesn't automatically connect to the MMS connection (which i have setup correctly).

Here is my fmms.log file.
Code:
2010-04-28 09:44:43,797 fmms.contacts: loaded contacthandler in 0.09 s
2010-04-28 09:44:45,619 fmms.__main__: liststore time: 0.21
2010-04-28 09:45:05,136 fmms.contacts: loaded contacthandler in 0.09 s
2010-04-28 09:45:06,175 fmms.__main__: liststore time: 0.19
2010-04-28 09:47:20,787 fmms.contacts: loaded contacthandler in 0.11 s
2010-04-28 09:47:21,844 fmms.__main__: liststore time: 0.2
2010-04-28 09:50:29,960 fmms.contacts: loaded contacthandler in 0.1 s
2010-04-28 09:50:31,008 fmms.__main__: liststore time: 0.2
Anything i've done wrong?

Vodafone UK if it matters.
Attached Images

Last edited by munkiii; 2010-04-28 at 08:50.

Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
Hi frals.
Can you add please the option for choice a multiple contacts from the a-book ? For sending one mms for a couple of contacts.
Thanks
Is this still being planned?

The Following User Says Thank You to ceevee For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by frals View Post
Could I trouble you for a log?
I sent you my log
Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 579 | Thanked: 286 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Australia
y so slow to resize???

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by felbutss View Post
y so slow to resize???
Actually resizing takes couple of seconds but connecting takes about 50 seconds (check your log to see it). People have suggested here that there should be some other information because now itīs bit misleading and sometimes it feels like itīs just hanged.

Actually IMHO best way would be to put sending process to background and after it has completed popup notification about it and let user to use fmms at same time. Basically somekind of que/outbox system where sending daemon is triggered when there is stuff in outbox. Probably bit too hard to implement right now

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
Posts: 547 | Thanked: 1,383 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by Brank View Post
Couple ideas I thought I'd share:

Firstly I've already pleeded for this already once, but having some kind of progress bar to see if the file is actually being sent would be awesome. just a [******--] 80% done - kind of thing. Now I many times just look at the "resizing and sending" thing and am not sure if anything is happening. Sometimes (earlier iterations) it never sent and was stuck saying the resizing bit. So progress bar would be awesome to see something is happening.

The other thing that would be awesome is that the number bar could also work as a guesser. I mean instead of a number I'd start writing Dani - and it would guess daniel. maybe the phone book menu could jump out?
Or if I knew I had a contact named john, I write john and it would take johns number there. If there's multiple matches, a pop-out box could have the different names.

Also would be nice if in the number field even when picking a contact from the contacts list would display atleast the picture of the contact(if these is a picture) and maybe the name of the contact as well.

Thanks if you bothered reading through
I'll see about the progress bar. Basically I won't add any new feature until 1.0 is out as there are a few bugs around still and I don't want to introduce new ones

Originally Posted by munkiii View Post
fMMS won't connect for me.

It loads up and shows old mms messages (from older version of fmms) but does nothing with my current connection, it doesn't disconnect my current connection (rude mode) and so it doesn't automatically connect to the MMS connection (which i have setup correctly).

Here is my fmms.log file.
Code:
2010-04-28 09:44:43,797 fmms.contacts: loaded contacthandler in 0.09 s
2010-04-28 09:44:45,619 fmms.__main__: liststore time: 0.21
2010-04-28 09:45:05,136 fmms.contacts: loaded contacthandler in 0.09 s
2010-04-28 09:45:06,175 fmms.__main__: liststore time: 0.19
2010-04-28 09:47:20,787 fmms.contacts: loaded contacthandler in 0.11 s
2010-04-28 09:47:21,844 fmms.__main__: liststore time: 0.2
2010-04-28 09:50:29,960 fmms.contacts: loaded contacthandler in 0.1 s
2010-04-28 09:50:31,008 fmms.__main__: liststore time: 0.2
Anything i've done wrong?

Vodafone UK if it matters.
According to Vodafone UK user/pass could be wap/wap - can you connect to the MMS APN manually and open the MMSC url in your browser?

Problem with fMMS? Run in x-terminal: cp /tmp/fmms.log /home/user/MyDocs/
After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.
E-mail the log to me, if you don't have the email address, drop me a PM. Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900
fAPN - GUI for adding a new GPRS APN
If you like this post, don't be shy to thank me -->

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to frals For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by frals View Post
According to Vodafone UK user/pass could be wap/wap - can you connect to the MMS APN manually and open the MMSC url in your browser?
First screenshot is manually connected to the MMS APN, with wap/wap, and http://mms.vodafone.co.uk/servlets/mms loaded in the browser.

Second screenshot is manually connected to the MMS APN, with wap/user, and http://mms.vodafone.co.uk/servlets/mms loaded in the browser.

By the way, at the beginning of April (using older fMMS that i had to manually connect to), i received 2 MMS messages and sent one MMS message, using the wap/user config.
Attached Images

Closed Thread

Tags
application, community win, fmms, frals rocks, fralsvsnokia1-0, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, mms, n900, python