Notices

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 641 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by rmarcus View Post
3- I clicked the yellow sync and got the bug info.
Could you please send me (or post here) the debug info you got?
Please remove any sensitive information that may be there (usernames/passwords/confidential entries).

If you wish to send it to me by email: lorelei@garage.maemo.org

thanks

Originally Posted by lemmyslender View Post
I think Add, Edit, Delete are pretty universal. Sync all is also pretty easy to figure out.

Maybe for Sync Selected, add a "1" (on top of) to the graphic?
this could be a good idea. Will try it to see how it goes.

thanks

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Spokane, WA
Works great! I did have a couple crashes that have already been mentioned, but once I figured out the order to do things, it worked well. The only things that didn't work was Birthdays from N900 to Google and my ecoach log info (it's own calendar on the N900) to Google.

Originally Posted by gregc2009 View Post
Works great! I did have a couple crashes that have already been mentioned, but once I figured out the order to do things, it worked well.
Excellent. I gather that the problem you mentioned in a previous post is now gone with this release?

The only things that didn't work was Birthdays from N900 to Google and my ecoach log info (it's own calendar on the N900) to Google.
Yep, birthday is currently not supported. For the ecoach log info, this is new to me (never used it), so I don't know exactly how it interacts with the calendar. I will in any case give priority to the birthday sync, since they are probably more widespread than ecoach stuff

Posts: 263 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ wales
have just downloaded and set up fine. thank you very much ive been waiting a long time for this. but the problem i am facing is that it only syncs both ways on first sync,after that its only syncing to google not from. ive tried many different profile settings and its always the same. is it a known bug with his release or do u think i may be missing something.

Posts: 269 | Thanked: 1,096 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hampshire, UK
I *think* was having the same problem as dscobsct, I managed a sync in each direction, but after it first worked I couldnt get google records to reliably update the N900.

Then I started getting crashes (Debug data going to lorelei under seperate cover) which I can't solve at the moment, but I assume my constant playing just screwed something up.

Very promising app though, exactly what the N900 needs. Nice one Lorelei!

Any chance of adding a simple gui tool for creating a cron job for the sync?

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
I have checked (and at least for a single calendar, my main one) it is currently sync'ing both ways. From N900 to Gmail and From Gmail to N900.

I just went in and updated an event in Gmail sync'd, created an event on N900 sync'd, deleted the event in Gmail, sync'd. No problems, here at least.

I have now deleted all my sync profiles and started again from scratch. Everything appears to work fine now :-)

epinety, dscobsct: there may be a problem somewhere concerning the fact that only the first sync works in the two directions. I will investigate it further to see if there's a pattern.

epinety: thank you for the stack trace you sent me. In fact it showed that there's a bug (not related with the non-sync of events) in the code that needs fixing.

In other news, I've started to fix the issues all of you reported in the last few post. Keep those report coming: they are really useful! Further enhancements are also in the works, so stay tuned

Originally Posted by lorelei View Post
... so stay tuned
You just try keeping us away!

Tags
erminig, erminig-ng, ernie nig, google calendar, google sync, synchronization