Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 296 | Thanked: 126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ New York City
Originally Posted by kkito View Post
copy .zip romfiles in the romcnv folder. Then execute ./romcnv -all ./

The cache files will be created.
hm, I get permission denied when I try and do that, even as root. i'm sure i am missing something incredibly simple...

Where did you extract the .tar.gz? and How?

The .tar.gz package must be extracted in a ext3 partition, for example /home/user .

If you have problems running romcnv, you can download the _src.tar.gz, inside you will find romcnv source code and a windows build, then you can compile it on a linux pc and run romcnv on the pc, or execute romcnv.exe on a windows box, and finally copy the cache files in your device...

I put it in home/user/MyDocs/documents/

I think I tried it ib home/user as well, I'll mess with it at work. If anything I'll run romcnv on a PC but I tried running cps2emu and get the same permission denied error, so I think I'm stuck figuring out that problem, hehe.

Originally Posted by sadfist View Post
I put it in home/user/MyDocs/documents/

I think I tried it ib home/user as well, I'll mess with it at work. If anything I'll run romcnv on a PC but I tried running cps2emu and get the same permission denied error, so I think I'm stuck figuring out that problem, hehe.
The problem is that /home/user/MyDocs is a fat32 partition. It should be installed in a ext3 partition. Delete it from MyDocs, copy the tar.gz in /home/user, and in /home/user execute tar xvzf cps2emu_bin-0.1.tar.gz

Then it should work

Originally Posted by kkito View Post
The problem is that /home/user/MyDocs is a fat32 partition. It should be installed in a ext3 partition. Delete it from MyDocs, copy the tar.gz in /home/user, and in /home/user execute tar xvzf cps2emu_bin-0.1.tar.gz

Then it should work
Yeah I actually got it working on the subway on my way to work. I started over in /home/user/ and it went ok. I did have to run romcnv as root for some reason but whatever.

WOOOOOWWWWW is all I can say really. The performance was amazing. I tested using 1944, which has a lot going on on the screen, didn't really notice any slowdown or performance issues. Using the arrow keys its damn hard to move diagonally up though.

Great work! Now we just need a nice frontend with some config options for keymapping (or I guess I could get used to playing games southpaw). Would it be difficult to map diagonals to keys? I'm not counting on playing any of the fighters with the keyboard but the shoot-em ups/beat-em ups would be great with a little help hitting the diagonals.

mkay.. someone post a youtube vide. I want to see marvel vs capcom running :P

I've been thinking really hard lately....I think I've found a nice solution to using diagonals on the keypad. Instead of having Up+right or Up+left commands, I think it would be much better/wiser if some one implemented the idea of having two right and left buttons so that button layout would be like this (I'm terrible at explaining)....My idea layout:

LEFT UP RIGHT
LEFT DOWN RIGHT

Q W E
A S D

Q=Left, W=Up, E=Right
A=Left, S=Down, D=Right

if someone was to allow user to make such a layout gaming commands would be much easier and precise, I dont want to make a long post so to make things short. The above layout would make movements in fighters like SF2 and also 3d adventures like supermario much more precise and accurate and would require less keys to configure. Lets face it, take for example short hopping/jumping in KOF or MvC...tapping a key already assigned to UP+Right wouldn't allow you to perform such a task...with the above layout you can tap / hold down Up and Right to short hop accurately enough. All one has to do is imagine the above layout on the keypad and compare it to the below layout and reason which concept would be more ideal to implement....I thought this up while playing a variety of emulated games and imagining how practical the controls would be to implement on the n900 since it lacks diagonals...

general idea everyone has

UP+LEFT UP UP+RIGHT
LEFT DOWN RIGHT
DOWN+LEFT DOWN+RIGHT

Also It would be an even more grand idea if the concept of .MACROS' were implemented in the mobile emulators since it would allow users to manually assign their own custom commands to any one key press...for example the user would manually be able to assign the command Down+Right+A+B (the shinkou hadouken command) to the 'enter' button on the keypad....and allow users to save their custom configurations to seperate files and conveniently load em for each game.

Last edited by SavageD; 2010-01-24 at 16:33.

Originally Posted by sadfist View Post
Great work! Now we just need a nice frontend with some config options for keymapping (or I guess I could get used to playing games southpaw). Would it be difficult to map diagonals to keys? I'm not counting on playing any of the fighters with the keyboard but the shoot-em ups/beat-em ups would be great with a little help hitting the diagonals.
Originally Posted by SavageD View Post
general idea everyone has

UP+LEFT UP UP+RIGHT
LEFT DOWN RIGHT
DOWN+LEFT DOWN+RIGHT
Thirding this idea. Would it be possible to map the keys on the left and right of UP to handle UP+LEFT and UP+RIGHT respectively? Finally... great job on the emulator!

Last edited by CoffeeNAS; 2010-01-27 at 19:53.

hello all, just wanna know whether it's compatible with OS2008?
thx

someone please try marvel vs capcom and street fighter alpha 1/2/3
thanks

please post vids of it in action

Last edited by rn900; 2010-02-12 at 11:37.

Tags
bada blows, bada rox