Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 422 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Israel
I know, I know - just wanted to note that I too am a M:TG fan (well at least I used to be one )

Posts: 422 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Israel
Hmmm anything new on this front?

Any news on this topic? Is anyone planning on working this? Does anyone need help?

The Following User Says Thank You to kd_alex For This Useful Post:
Kind of still working on it. Or at least I'll get back to that once I hand in my final project this week... damn priorities :/ If anyone else wants to have a go earlier, let me know - I've changed the engine to compile with gles

Kind of on-topic.. but this is in python+gtk and seems like it may work for MTG.. I'm toying with it now to see what pans out.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Budapest, Hungary
Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
Kind of on-topic.. but this is in python+gtk and seems like it may work for MTG.. I'm toying with it now to see what pans out.
IMO (from the user's perspective) it's better to take a game which has already user base and online community. But I don't know anything of the difficulties of porting opengl vs python. Don't Iet me discourage you, I will be a happy panda if - some way or the other - I will be able to play MTG on my tablet in the immediate future...

Last edited by Alister; 2010-05-02 at 08:05.

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Budapest, Hungary
Meanwhile.. I found another offline client, MTG Forge, which is written in java, so it runs on easy debian (tried it). But, it's unusable on my old hardware, it's extremely slow. Maybe you want to make an attempt with this on n900.

anyone still interested in porting this ? ,

i am so looking forward for this.....

Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
I can say this didn't pan out so well. I got it to launch and pretend to play after finding and downloading all the card information (which it required).. but when trying to start a new game it would segfault. It took a bit of work to get it that far.. so I gave up.

For Wagic we're waiting on Viraptop I guess.. I don't know how to port from GL to GLES.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada blows, bada rox, question