Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 597 | Thanked: 490 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by langkjer View Post
Is there any way to get rid of the fake update notice?
Yes, you can remove the package mp-fremantle-205-pr to get rid of the update notice.
For myself I opted not to remove so far as this might cause trouble with future maemo updates, but others removed it...
See this Post for more information from drdrewusaf.

Also, I tried the steps for uninstall it and both of them failed... What am I doing wrong...
Please try it this way (Sorry forgot to include this in the summary. Please let me know if it works, so I can update the summary):

1) Download these 2 .deb packages:
libopenobex1 1.4
obexd 0.18

2) Place them in a folder on the N900, say /home/user/mypackages

3) As root run (replace /home/user/mypackages with the path to the folder where you placed the files):

Code:
apt-get remove openobex-apps
cd /home/user/mypackages
dpkg -i *.deb
4) Reboot the phone.

Last edited by Reflektorfalke; 2010-07-26 at 21:40.

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Netherlands
I logged this time from the moment I started my car, till I arrived at the office. Hope it's gives you a better insight.

System: Audi RNS-510 (same as VW, Seat, Skoda)
Attached Files
File Type: zip rns510-270710.zip (40.1 KB, 351 views)

Hey it works now !

BMW X5 E70 (2007 model), built in car kit. Everything works perfectly: both transferring phone book to the carkit and name recognizing when incoming call received.

Thanks guys. I promised to pay $50 for those who can get it done. I'll be happy to do that. Just need payment details.

Originally Posted by thofstee View Post
I logged this time from the moment I started my car, till I arrived at the office. Hope it's gives you a better insight.

System: Audi RNS-510 (same as VW, Seat, Skoda)
Hm, this looks quite strange to me...
Tried to open your new dump, but get the same error again with Wireshark showing only the few first packets.
Looks like establishing the BT connection failed already - is your phone paired with your car at all?
Unfortunately I have no idea what the cause for this situation could be
Especially without knowing the exact steps you have taken and possible errors you ran into!?
Maybe if one of the developers will look at your dump he can figure out what might be the cause for this...

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by Reflektorfalke View Post
Hm, this looks quite strange to me...
Tried to open your new dump, but get the same error again with Wireshark showing only the few first packets.
Looks like establishing the BT connection failed already - is your phone paired with your car at all?
Unfortunately I have no idea what the cause for this situation could be
Especially without knowing the exact steps you have taken and possible errors you ran into!?
Maybe if one of the developers will look at your dump he can figure out what might be the cause for this...
Strange. The phone got paired, the icon changed on my phone and I was able to access the phone menu on my RNS-510 system.

What steps do I need to describe better? I start the logging just before I started my car, the phone got paired, drove for about 40 minutes, parked my car, the phone got unpaired, entered the building and stopped logging by pressing Ctrl+C.

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Bulgaria
Hello guys!
What about external bluetooth car kits - e.g. Parrot?
Is this script work with them?

Thanks.
Regards.

Originally Posted by jorjino View Post
Hello guys!
What about external bluetooth car kits - e.g. Parrot?
Is this script work with them?

Thanks.
Regards.
In general, yes, any device supporting PBAB should work (no matter if build-in or external or whatever).

BUT, in the old thread ( Car kit can not access contact information...) users reported that Parrot does not support PBAB but uses IrMC Sync.
However, you might want to check the old thread. Someone reported a solution for IrMC there...

The Following User Says Thank You to Reflektorfalke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 203 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ St.Petersburg, Russia
3000 - no/ It use IRMC vs PBAP

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Bulgaria
Thanks for quick reply!
I am asking about Parrot 3200 and 3400?

Regards.

I have a Parrot MKi9100 that support PBAP and Garmin Zumo 660.

On my N900 I have do all (Install packages, replace obexd , phone reboot, new pairing with car kit, ecc.....) but not work.

When Car Kit connect to N900 on display appare "Sync in progress" but after 1 sec disappare and no contact ws synced.

Attached you can find hcidump trace
Can anyone tell me what is wrong?

Thank

-=LordByte=-
Attached Files
File Type: gz pbap.dump.gz (8.9 KB, 301 views)

Tags
bada rox, bluetooth, carkit, contacts, irmc sync, pbap profile