Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Hi Saturn,

Dunno if you are already aware of it but it seems that the cgroup patches are working fine as explained in this thread.

It would be nice to have an option in Swappolube to easily apply and revert this patch.

Also an option to enable and disable the WSEGL_UseHWSync flag would be useful.

The Following User Says Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
Hi Saturn,

Dunno if you are already aware of it but it seems that the cgroup patches are working fine as explained in this thread.

It would be nice to have an option in Swappolube to easily apply and revert this patch.

Also an option to enable and disable the WSEGL_UseHWSync flag would be useful.
Hi ivgalvez,

I don't know if you have checked the patch but has errors and duplications/triplications for no reason. The script is the one you can find with a simple search on the internet by superpiwi. This 'maemo version' erroneously has several lines uncommented that have been commented on purpose since they have been replaced. No disrespect to karam (I actually like his enthusiasm and effort to help users) but some more knowledgeable person should step in there and clean up the scripts and instructions.
Most importantly, the patch has been discussed in the past here and it is known to not work.

For the second option, i.e. the WSEGL_UseHWSync flag, it is known to be unstable on some devices giving random reboots. I don't want to add an option that is known to not work for some at random points in time with no indication of what went wrong and the system rebooted. Power users that have the ability to understand the issues can use it.

Sorry for the double no but hope you agree at least with my logic.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
Sorry for the double no but hope you agree at least with my logic.
Agreed, actually I haven't reviewed the script by myself but I thought it could be useful (as the patch is known to work on desktop computers).

Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
No disrespect to karam (I actually like his enthusiasm and effort to help users) but some more knowledgeable person should step in there and clean up the scripts and instructions.
That could be you!

Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Does anyone else have the issue of proposed settings not saving across reboots after making them permanent?

Tags
bada lubes, bada rox, swappiness, tuning