Active Topics

Posts: 424 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
Yes Hostmode implemented in Power-Kernel that would nice.
Best of both worlds so to say.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to toxaris For This Useful Post:
Posts: 820 | Thanked: 436 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Portsmouth, UK.
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
And.. a new bug, if you connect the wall charger to the device, 100% of the time it will stay on 500 (sometimes 550?) MHz, we do not know the behavior of an overclocked device when this bug is triggered on it, if it stays clocked @ 900 (for example), then we're going to see some dead devices pretty soon.
Will this bug be present before installing the new kernel, as currently using Titans advanced power, I'm on charge and cpu freq is fluctuating normally according to conky.

Wow, this is amazing, thanks for the great work, unfortunately, I don't have USB adapter so I can't test it for now.

We do not know the behavior of an overclocked device when this bug is triggered on it, if it stays clocked @ 900 (for example), then we're going to see some dead devices pretty soon.
But the current version of power-kernel (40) don't have this bug since it is based on PR1.2 kernel, right ?

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
It's not in kernel-power (the current one), no, but we need 1.3's patches for hostmode, so again, no kernel-power based kernel till titan updates it Ask him directly, any posts here about it are pointless (I'm not sure if he even checks tmo anymore).

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
And.. a new bug, if you connect the wall charger to the device, 100% of the time it will stay on 500 (sometimes 550?) MHz, we do not know the behavior of an overclocked device when this bug is triggered on it, if it stays clocked @ 900 (for example), then we're going to see some dead devices pretty soon.
Power kernel + PR1.3 behaves in exactly the same as stock PR1.3: minimum freq is set to 500MHz, and ondemand governor changes between this frequency and maximum frequency as appropriate.

Even if it was locking the minimum frequency to 900 MHz, we were not going to see some dead devices pretty soon, so I will thank you if you stop spreading FUD, especially as the modifications you work on a, and announce proudly in this thread, are a lot more dangerous to people's devices.

Stupid Moderator EDIT: I was requested to state some facts on this topic. I did no further investigation as I trust my sources. PR1.2 Titan Kernel does not behave as the PR1.3 Kernel and does not make the CPU sticking at 500MHz while on wall-charger. PR1.3 hostmode Kernel has the same problem like stock Kernel as the patches have been applied to it as well. Hostmode modifications are not recognized to harm hardware yet (and I doubt there will be proof of the statement above).

(Side-note: some 1.2 stock hickup had the device stuck at 500MHz while connected to usb, but there you get a msg that your device wont charge at this port)

Dear stupid moderator: Why did you choose to edit my post in order to state this fact that "PR1.2 Titan Kernel does not behave as the PR1.3 Kernel ", what is the relevance of this?

What I wrote is that Power kernel + PR1.3 patches behaves exactly as PR1.3 kernel in this regard: When connected to USB (whether charger or host) - the minimum frequency is set to 500MHz. I write this in response to MohammadAG's (unbased) comment that it is possible that power kernel might set the minimum frequency to 900 MHz. I really don't see how you can misunderstand my statement.

As I like to edit your signature but should not do so...
Dear honest, super intelligent and delightful Member
Power kernel + PR1.3 patches != Power kernel + PR1.3 behaves
And I did not misunderstand it, but for average Joe this is misleading!
You write like you want to attack someone and you just did! Instead you could have edited your post and behave like a grown up, you want this in public... go ahead, you want this in private... don't call me edit insane!

"N900 community support for the MeeGo-Harmattan" Is the new "Mer is Fremantle for N810".

No more Nokia devices for me.

Last edited by chemist; 2010-11-09 at 17:00.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Matan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
please don't hijack this thread with OT pr1.3-bug and OC topics.
No, this kernel doesn't support any of the kernel-power features. And we need this patched kernel for working hostmode. This is a BETA!

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2010-11-07 at 22:45.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
first of all thank you for your great job
ive just installed your app . I run it in high speed host mode but it doesnt recognize my flash memory -there is nothing in file manager - what should i do

Posts: 306 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Romania
Well, most of you don't know this, but, PR1.3 introduced two things:
And.. a new bug, if you connect the wall charger to the device, 100% of the time it will stay on 500 (sometimes 550?)
i confirm this bug and thank you for changing my own discovery into a true fact

about 500 MHz overclock . remember old 500 MHz issue http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=936
in PR1.3 maybe some smart a.. delete one IF

Later edit
sorry joerg . i will delete this post if there is any request

Can you also use the USB OTG cable used by the Nokia N8?
NOKIA USB OTG CA-157 cable
Or is this slightly different from a female to female adapter and USB to micro USB cable?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bernard For This Useful Post:

man im a big noob. but i might be able to help.. iv read that all the problem lies in power right ? i have this cable. on one end it connets to the harddisk or any other mini usb device, one end it connets to the computer (in this case aur n900) and the other to a wall charger ! check the picture. if u cant see it, let me know give me ur emale. i will send u.
hope this helps man.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zikmir For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada rox, detection, h-e-n, hostmode, speed, usb host