Notices

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Originally Posted by Bingley Joe View Post
This app is really nicely thought out -- great work!

Question: Are you aware of xVideoServiceThief

It's an open-source (GPL) app that allows for viewing/downloading video clips from a huge variety of different video sites (76 websites and increasing all the time)..

I know cuteTube is strictly a YouTube viewer at the moment, but it would be FANTASTIC to have the functionality of xVST in an app with such an elegant design as yours.

Just something to ponder
I don't intend to hijack this thread, but it appears to be in Qt (and the UI is designed in Qt Designer so should be fairly easy to edit).

Compiling is straightforward, qmake; make then copy the binary in bin/ somewhere.

Edit: oh and you might want to use -style cleanlooks when you run it, hildon's styling makes it ugly and unusable.

@ OP, thanks a heap for the app, I don't use youtube.com anymore (and even though it's in Python, it's pretty damn fast )

Last edited by MohammadAG; 2010-11-21 at 20:17.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
this such a nice app, can't stop playing/downloading youtube videos, my internet connection has abused (went over the limits ) .
thanks man, and nice to see the experts here trying to get that internal media player working .

The Following User Says Thank You to maddude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
To anyone that is unable to sign in to their YouTube account, I would appreciate it if you could test the latest build. Fingers crossed.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 417 | Thanked: 200 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
it's a very clean and nice app to have. And I would second the idea of making "cutetube" an multi video platform viewer.

...Although, I got VLC installen and I wanted to set cutetube to open the videos with VLC, but VLC doesn't appear in the list. only Media player. Any hint?

Originally Posted by NightShift79 View Post
it's a very clean and nice app to have. And I would second the idea of making "cutetube" an multi video platform viewer.

...Although, I got VLC installen and I wanted to set cutetube to open the videos with VLC, but VLC doesn't appear in the list. only Media player. Any hint?
The current code only supports Media Player and MPlayer. I can easily add VLC, but only if it is stable (I haven't tried it). I don't want to allow playback using unstable media players (I will end up getting the hassle ).

My website

GitHub

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
So I was curious. I set up a playlist and even a queue because I wanted to music to move from one song to the next automatically. But no matter what I did only one song would play and then stop. I don't know if it's something I'm doing wrong or maybe the program is not set up like that.

Props to you though men. This is a great program! Thumbs up.

Originally Posted by dagee04 View Post
So I was curious. I set up a playlist and even a queue because I wanted to music to move from one song to the next automatically. But no matter what I did only one song would play and then stop. I don't know if it's something I'm doing wrong or maybe the program is not set up like that.

Props to you though men. This is a great program! Thumbs up.
There's no support for playing an entire playlist or queue atm. I'm working on an internal media player atm, and that will have those features.

My website

GitHub

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by WereCatf View Post
Some people here just don't seem to realize that playing 720p on N900 is pointless. Just for a clarification to those people: the N900 has a display resolution of 800x480 pixels. Anything larger than that needs to be scaled down.

Now, 720p is a short-hand for 1280x720 pixels, which is rather obviously A LOT more than N900's resolution. Thus the video just gets scaled down. 480p video is actually a lot closer to N900's native resolution and because there's significantly less to decode it'll also reduce battery consumption.
Some people don't seem to realize that it is not pointless. It means I can play files that I only have it in 720p format without needing to transcode. Means I only need to download 720p video from this awesome cuteTube client or anywhere else and enjoy full downscaled WVGA resolution video output on the N900 while enjoying full 720p on my TV/PC. No need for 2 separate resolution files.

btw, N900's video card driver is hard limited for the video resolution. This was discussed in another thread. (try playing a 720p file with mplayer) So no matter what, 720p videos will not play on the N900 using Maemo5 OS unless you resize on the fly. (which can be done using mplayer) Then mplay does play 720p video files. However, it plays it at like 1-2 fps at best. Heck, N900 even struggles with 480p AVC files right now. N900's hw is more capable than what it can do right now but we don't have the drivers / codec to take advantage of hw acceleration.

BTW, when you boot into Nitdroid on N900, Rockplayer can play 720p video files (even x264 mkv) without any special hacking. But it still only plays it at around 2-3 fps at best. Even on my 1Ghz N900. =P

Last edited by jakiman; 2010-11-22 at 00:31.

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
yehey!!! i like this!!!

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

really nice work +karma for you sir.

had to sure up a few dependencies but smooth install after that, runs really nicely, no issues logging into my account viewing subscriptions etc.

can even view comments wich is rare in the youtube apps ive seen in the past.

2 tiny comments:

- Can i pause it to let the video buffer fully? ive tried but cant really tell if its working and some videos buffer every 6 seconds
- It could do with a decent icon for the desktop but thats hardly a major issue and im sure it will get one when it hist devel/extras.

Last edited by mrexcess; 2010-11-22 at 01:42.

Tags
youtube