Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
Hi! Anyone used this app? Just saw it on Ovi Store. Please let me know if it really does as advertised. Would be a nice improvement for the current camera performance. Anyone compared with BlessN900?
Attached Images

If I'm not mistaken that's the same company that develops blessn900.

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
It would appear that this is BlessN900, only renamed. From the developer's website

http://www.almalence.com/

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by silent tim View Post
If I'm not mistaken that's the same company that develops blessn900.
So they finally packaged BlessN900 and put it on Ovi Store? It's a chargeable app at about USD 3.

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
I'm in no way associated with this company but having seen them supporting N900 from day one I'm rushing to buy this app without hesitation. brb.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to 9000 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 909 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bremen, Germany
is this a new version?

Hi all,

"A Better Camera" is a commercial version of BlessN900 with a couple of advantages (for now):
- Faster processing due to utilization of DSP and GPU;
- Option to launch A Better Camera instead of standard camera application when the cover is opened.

In the same time, BlessN900 will be still available for free, and we will continue its support.

(A Better Camera is available in ovi store: http://store.ovi.com/content/104191)

Last edited by eugene.panich; 2011-03-03 at 17:21.

The Following 56 Users Say Thank You to eugene.panich For This Useful Post:
Like the other poster I have no problems paying £6 for this.

Installs and runs fine on the power kernal, auto launch on camera cover slide is nice and fast.

I still get a blank viewfinder screen (goes away if you tap the mode selector), and an auto close when camera cover is closed would be nice (assuming there is code to finish processing in the background).

DNG output is very welcome, and overall feels a lot snappier than bless - well worth the pocket change!

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
I'm using lens-cover launcher to be able to select what application I want to launch, would it have any undesired effect with A Better Camera?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
I like bless900 but I find it very slow to take a picture - if I half press to focus, then full press to take the shot, I get a delay of about 8-10 seconds while the screen still shows a moving image of the scene I'm snapping before it changes to the clockwise display of thumbnails of the various images being captured.
From the point at which I press the camera button until the captured imaged is displayed fullscreen, the background of the "X" in the top right of the bless900 window gets highlighted light grey.

If I move the camera during the delay to a different scene, the photo eventually taken is of that new scene (so the delay is not due to any active image processing).

2 questions:

a) is the delay I describe normal for bless900
b) would it be substantially reduced if I upgraded to ABC

If you buy a niche, highly modifiable smartphone and proceed to mess it up by blindly screwing around, don't just blame the phone, also blame yourelf.

The Following User Says Thank You to Pigro For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada rox