Posts: 209 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Portugal
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
But N900 is king of mobile storage capacity f just put 64 GB microSD card inside remember, N9/50 doesn't have microSD slot. (...)
(a bit offtopic) Isn't there a Galaxy S3 w/ 64GB internal + microSD slot? This means it won't be the king, but "on par". (Unless if S3 does not support 64gb cards...infact, does the n900 even support them?)

Sorry for the little bit of offtopic... not being able to use my n900 for some weeks has driven me nuts...

19:48 <Remi-X>: my name is fry and im shy
19:48 <Remi-X>: sh*t how can i even say something that dumb

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by RiD View Post
(Unless if S3 does not support 64gb cards...infact, does the n900 even support them?)
The N900 will support the cards, but it will not support the cards' default exFAT format. You'll need to choose a different filesystem for your 64 GB card should you want to use it in an N900.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 218 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Slovakia
Hey, did you get anywhere forward with this? did someone get in touch with those russian guys? I know russian lang, i am registered there too...

everyone was a hero, but no results? ah...

The Following User Says Thank You to Rusnak-COBRA For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
I have found a nice guy working for Nokia on repairing devices who is willing to do the service of changing emmc. In fact, he has already changed my broken sim tray on N950 (with a spare part ordered for N8, since Nokia does not have any spare part stock for N950, we asked).

Now the question is, where to find a new emmc chip as N9 64GB? If taken from N9 board there is a high chance for breaking it, is there any way to order the chips matching the pin?

(No, Nokia only provides the chip WITH the mainboard on N9...)

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
Now the question is, where to find a new emmc chip as N9 64GB? If taken from N9 board there is a high chance for breaking it, is there any way to order the chips matching the pin?
As of current, it is impossible to get those from anywhere since it is not even actually known who makes the part. It has been specified/ordered by Nokia from some subcontracting chip fab and it is not available commercially

Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
As of current, it is impossible to get those from anywhere since it is not even actually known who makes the part. It has been specified/ordered by Nokia from some subcontracting chip fab and it is not available commercially
It's a Samsung emmc chip. Pictures from previous talk also confirms it. Just don't know the actual pin size. There should be a way to order but probably in large amount, like raspberry pi...

In SGSIII eMMC not just eMMC. Its eMMC+MDDR, MCP (multi chip package). AFAIK there is one chip with 64GB, KMV6U000LM but i am not sure about physical size.
Samsung MCP

The Following User Says Thank You to SourenAraya For This Useful Post:

Tags
chips, memory, soldering