Posts: 16 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Yogyakarta
@sulu

i've succeed installing libreoffice yesterday.. it's great, but now i want to install cups and i see this line..

[root@m5sulu: ~]dpkg-reconfigure cups
Stopping Common Unix Printing System: cupsd.
Starting Common Unix Printing System: cupsdFATAL: Could not load /lib/modules/2.6.28.10-power49+pre50/modules.dep: No such file or directory
FATAL: Could not load /lib/modules/2.6.28.10-power49+pre50/modules.dep: No such file or directory
FATAL: Could not load /lib/modules/2.6.28.10-power49+pre50/modules.dep: No such file or directory

tell me sulu what should i do..??
thank you

@up
what the hell doest it have to do with KP? Haven't You tried to post it in Easy Debian thread (tabs disaster)?

@Pali
Was there *any* implementation of wifi mesh networking in userland? I don't recall any. Sure, cool feature, but AFAIK, it wasn't even working?
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Was there *any* implementation of wifi mesh networking in userland? I don't recall any. Sure, cool feature, but AFAIK, it wasn't even working?
Usually you can create a mesh interface with iw:
Code:
iw phy0 interface add mesh0 type mp mesh_id mymesh
This is perfectly working with ath5k/ath9k devices. Unfortunately the wl12xx driver does not implement the needed features, so iw replies:
Code:
command failed: Operation not supported (-95)
I am implementing and testing with mac80211 mesh modes at my university. Mesh mode is actually working quite well. The only thing missing yet is powersave and encryption. I had the plan to sort out, what is actually needed at the driver side, but didn't find the time yet.

-- edit:
Originally Posted by http://linuxwireless.org/en/developers/Documentation/mac80211/API
For MESH mode, it must
  • allow beacons to be transmitted for NL80211_IFTYPE_MESH_POINT interfaces. These can be AP or IBSS style beacons.
  • receive beacons and control frames for NL80211_IFTYPE_MESH_POINT interfaces
  • set the NL80211_IFTYPE_MESH_POINT bit in the hw->wiphy->interface_modes mask to indicate that MP mode is supported.
  • support the FIF_OTHER_BSS filter flag
For AP/IBSS/MESH modes, it
  • must support the enable_beacon config to turn on/off beaconing
  • should support the tx_last_beacon() callback

Last edited by whisk4s; 2012-02-04 at 11:16. Reason: corrections (see http://o11s.org/trac + http://linuxwireless.org/en/developers/Documentation/mac80211/API)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to whisk4s For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
@Pali:

I've experienced several reboots since I am using pre50 kernel. It happens when i open the camera shutter, but only if the device has not been rebooted for about a day. Seems some of the latest patches brings the problem. Here is the log:

Code:
Feb  4 01:08:02 Nokia-N900 camera-ui[1206]: GLIB WARNING ** Gtk - Invalid icon size 216 
Feb  4 01:08:02 Nokia-N900 rtcom-call-ui[2202]: GLIB WARNING ** Gtk - gtk_widget_size_allocate(): attempt to allocate widget with width 768 and height -1
Feb  4 01:08:13 Nokia-N900 profiled[1065]: disconnected from session bus - terminating 
Feb  4 01:08:13 Nokia-N900 DSME: Process '/usr/bin/ohm-session-agent' with pid 1066 exited with return value 1 and restarted with pid 2629
Feb  4 01:08:13 Nokia-N900 init: app-detect main process (1277) terminated with status 1
Feb  4 01:08:13 Nokia-N900 init: app-detect main process ended, respawning
Feb  4 01:08:13 Nokia-N900 DSME: Process '/usr/bin/Xorg -logfile /tmp/Xorg.0.log -logverbose 1 -nolisten tcp -noreset -s 0 -core' with pid 912 exited with s
Feb  4 01:08:13 Nokia-N900 DSME: Here we will request for sw reset
Feb  4 01:08:13 Nokia-N900 DSME: reboot request received from dsme
Feb  4 01:08:13 Nokia-N900 DSME: Reboot
Feb  4 01:08:13 Nokia-N900 DSME: state change request: DSME_STATE_USER -> DSME_STATE_REBOOT
Feb  4 01:08:13 Nokia-N900 DSME: new state: DSME_STATE_REBOOT
Feb  4 01:08:13 Nokia-N900 DSME: Shutdown in 2 seconds
I am going to disable
Code:
ARM_6066_1_Fix_BUG_scheduling_while_atomic_swapper_0_0x00000002.diff
bluetooth_scheduling_while_atomic_bug_fix.diff
mac80211_fix_allocation_in_mesh_queue_preq.diff
USB-g_serial-don-t-set-low_latency-flag.diff
0001-mtd-fix-a-huge-latency-problem-in-the-MTD-CFI-flash-.diff
0002-mtd-change-struct-flchip_shared-spinlock-locking-int.diff
on my build tree to try to find the problematic one.

EDIT:
what those:
0001-mtd-fix-a-huge-latency-problem-in-the-MTD-CFI-flash-.diff
0002-mtd-change-struct-flchip_shared-spinlock-locking-int.diff
patches do?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
They are upstream bugfixes, kernel git will have the entire email.
But I think they don't have anything to do with xorg crashing, I have them since they were posted and haven't seen a single reboot or crash.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to maacruz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by maacruz View Post
They are upstream bugfixes, kernel git will have the entire email.
But I think they don't have anything to do with xorg crashing, I have them since they were posted and haven't seen a single reboot or crash.
Well, the good news is that I have sp-rich-core installed, at least I can check why the hell is xorg crashing.

BTW I have a lot of coredumps since I am using pre50, it is not only xorg to crash. Anyway I will disable those patches just to be sure they are not the reason.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Pali,

i know this is not the kind of question you want here, but i'm currently trying out CSSU + KP on my secondary N900.
i'm running KP v42 on the Primary (in fact, only with versions from Extra) & installed the same stuff allowing Extra-dev + Extra-testing on the secondary...

now having two identical devices (except for the repositories) it is fairly easy to switch from one to the other (using a mSDHC).
using CSSU stable, would you recommend that i use KP v49 or should i go v50?
as i said, switching back & forth is fairly straightforward & i hope still being able to reboot & make a backup even if WLan or even 3G don't work for whatever reason...

basically, as long as the phone rings when a call comes in & i'm able to be away from a power socket for 4 to 6 hrs, the rest is "nice to have"
& could provide feedback with a "run of the mill" config...
can also provide you FAM's slist if needed for debug
or a backup with apps list...

EDIT: the primary does not have CSSU

@freemangordon
Just keep in mind, that device was always rebooting, if camera shutter was opened/closed few times in row (10, or more). It's well-known glitch, often used to force device into "safe" reboot, when some fullscreen program doesn't allow power-button, touchscreen, or keyboard to pass-through.

/Estel

// edit

By "always", I mean at least very ancient KP versions, like 42 and up.

// edit 2

Is this of any importance?
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=2597

/lib/modules/2.6.28.10-power49+pre50/modules.dep
...? WTF?
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2012-02-04 at 16:11.

@Estel, it does it after simple opening, just normal usage in a bar , not some kind of stress-test. And it takes about 10 seconds until there is a preview if a reboot does not happen. I've commented the above patches on my build tree and now it takes about 2-3 seconds from black screen to preview. Will give that kernel 1-2 days, and if everything is working, I will start uncommenting the patches one by one, until I find which is the problematic one. But there is a problem, trust me on that (tm).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
@Estel, it does it after simple opening, just normal usage in a bar , not some kind of stress-test. And it takes about 10 seconds until there is a preview if a reboot does not happen. I've commented the above patches on my build tree and now it takes about 2-3 seconds from black screen to preview. Will give that kernel 1-2 days, and if everything is working, I will start uncommenting the patches one by one, until I find which is the problematic one. But there is a problem, trust me on that (tm).
In my case, with those patches enabled (and 512Hz) I do not observe such slowdown, it just takes about 2 seconds to preview.
Though I haven't imported the latest kp50 patches yet, let's see what happens when I import them.

Last edited by maacruz; 2012-02-04 at 18:51.

Tags
development, kernel-power