Quote from gp32x. There are more devboards available for devs with low level skills.

http://www.gp32x.com/board/index.php...dpost&p=673601

Not everyone has been contacted yet. I've been waiting to see how many and when boards will show up before contacting too many people. The US Thanksgiving holiday isn't helping things.

I do have three names on my personal list that I haven't contacted still. Your name was one of them. I just went through that topic in the developer section and based it purely on what people had written about their experience and what they wanted to do. I was worried that what you wanted to do wasn't going to fit the big picture of what is going on right now. The focus is kinda set and your idea, while neat, sounded like a different path. It seems like a nice project for later on but if Craig has different ideas, let me know. I don't get much feedback on who gets what.

I'd still like to find a few people with some great low level kernel driver writing ability plus a very good understanding of injecting new and existing code (from TI kernels and Beagleboard source) into the Pandora kernel and also adding to these distributions being worked on. I'd love to find some more superstars like Notaz! You can have a free kit if you happen to own a cloning machine. :P

Porting games, emus and homebrew stuff is not the focus of these kits. The payoff for that stuff will be the developer fund as it was intended to be used. Zodttd is a special case as you can imagine. He is a part of other projects too. Please don't feel bad if you aren't contacted about your own software efforts. As great as all of that stuff is, this push is about working on the polish of the system itself and things that will be in NAND at launch.

Anyone else sitting on the fence about whether they can help? Send me a PM and tell me about yourself. Developer kits won't cost you anything because this is a request for your free time and efforts.

The Following User Says Thank You to derhorst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
wait the pandora still isn't out yet I thought it was set for like a June release.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Yes, but they decided to upgrade the specs and it is going to have a Cortex B10, quad-core and 4GB RAM, now. So sufing the web shouldn't be a problem, at all

whats the price going up to?

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

You know I'm kidding, right?

I know your kidding on those specs but i'm still wondering what the price is going to be, i figure everyday they wait or releasing it is more money they will need to break even on it.

The price of second batch devices will be 339$.