Posts: 95 | Thanked: 131 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ London, UK
Ok, so Google, Microsoft, et.al. have finally been caught with their hand so far down the cookie jar only their legs are sticking out - for example, Microsoft apparently broke the encryption on Outlook.com before the product was even launched... No news there really, we all knew the bastards were screwing us over royally (isn't that part of the reason why we chose the N9 in the first place?), but I find myself battling with rising blood pressure as more and more stinking details are revealed about just how complicit these douchebags have been in helping our governments violate every privacy principle under the sun. I feel disgusted in a way not dissimilar to someone who's been sexually assaulted, and the need to distance myself from my assailants has become desperately urgent. Voting with our feet is the only option we have - at least until the revolution comes - and I for one intend to do so. Today. So, I'm going to set up my own groupware server and move my Google Apps account out from under their nosey noses - something I've only been prevented from doing sooner due to sheer laziness. But after looking around I'm a little unsure which groupware app to choose, the most interesting candidates seem to be Kolab, Sogo and Horde - does anyone here have any experience of getting either of these to work with the N9's calendar/contacts/email?

Many thanks in advance,

Lomax

P.S. I now consider the famous dictum that just because you're paranoid that doesn't mean they're not out to get you thoroughly confirmed.

Last edited by Lomax; 2013-07-19 at 00:34. Reason: added Tempora link

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lomax For This Useful Post:
Posts: 95 | Thanked: 131 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ London, UK
Either people fear getting a knock on the door, or no-one here is running their own groupware server - both of which would be unsatisfactory and unlikely explanations for the lack of responses! So I'm going to rephrase my question in the hope someone will be able to help: What features should I be looking for in a groupware server to make it compatible with and easy to set up on the N9?

Tags
democracy, evil bastards, freedom, groupware, privacy