Just found this and

WOW

very impressive, very smooth and the accelerometer is kinda addictive - loving it.

It tends to crash out on me regularly with google maps and satellite enabled though, I'll try it later on a faster connection.

Can not upgrade. App manager reports that file is corrupted.

might be a stupid question but just outta curiousity.. does it have maps for india ? and do i need to connect to the internet or does it have maps preloaded ?

-Thanks

Last edited by xperto; 2010-11-14 at 19:45.

Originally Posted by xperto View Post
might be a stupid question but just outta curiousity.. does it have maps for india ? and do i need to connect to the internet or does it have maps preloaded ?

-Thanks
Yep, the app got maps for the whole world
And yes you need to connect to the internet to download maps. But you can also use it in offline-mode and just watch the maps you have already downloaded.

This is an awesome app. Didn't think the n900 could have a map application as fast and smooth as this one And the way you can use the accelerometer in this app is just mindblowing
Thanks for an awesome app!

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
I like this application very much but I'm unable to upgrade from 0.2.9 to 0.3.10.

Getting the following message (Faster Application Manager):
"The following packages have unmet dependencies: cloudgps: Depends: libsdl-ttf2.0 (>= 2.0.9-1osso1+0m5) but is is not installable
E: Broken packages".

Tried to fix this by following instructions described at http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...=libsdl-ttf2.0 but wihout success. These instructions were for PR1.2 and something may have changed along with PR1.3.

Has anyone faced the same problem? Any ideas for sorting this out??

AWESOME!!

I just discovered this application and it's like ... futuristic!! Wonderful use of OpenGL with our N900 devices.

Smooth to the max, great zoom, compass, everything!!

Problems: Only one problem for me, it closes itself after a few seconds of fingering without showing any error. I installed 0.3.10 without any problem. Using PR 1.3. No matter what provider I use.

Questions: where are the maps stored? I mean the tiles downloaded while mapping.

Suggests: 1.- Possibility to search coordinates. 2.- Save favorites somehow.

Thank you!!!

Posts: 317 | Thanked: 787 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Krakow, Poland
Originally Posted by s0ng0handa View Post
Problems: Only one problem for me, it closes itself after a few seconds of fingering without showing any error. I installed 0.3.10 without any problem. Using PR 1.3. No matter what provider I use.
That is problem no. 1 at the moment and I will try to fix it and release fixed version before working on other features. The point of the 0.3.10 release was to have new features released for the conference.

Questions: where are the maps stored? I mean the tiles downloaded while mapping.
The tiles are stored in /home/user/MyDocs/.maps directory. This directory is used by Maep, Mappero and ModRana at the moment. ModRana also supports sqlite tile storage which CloudGPS will also support in a distant (like next year) future.

Suggests: 1.- Possibility to search coordinates. 2.- Save favorites somehow.
Next major release will have those two.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dwaradzyn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 317 | Thanked: 787 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Krakow, Poland
Originally Posted by milos621 View Post
Can not upgrade. App manager reports that file is corrupted.
This problem did occur for 0.3.9 version (I think the root cause was that source files uploaded had modification time set in the future because I am in different timezone and I think tarballs are not timezone aware). It was fixed by 0.3.10 release.

Thank you for answering!

Originally Posted by dwaradzyn View Post
Next major release will have those two.
About this, please consider to accept coordinates in all different posibilities: Degrees mm ss or Degrees mm or just Degrees. At least on my case, I use to handle two or three types per trip, depending on the source, and I must be combining translators websites for the conversion which is very annoying.

In any case, thanks.

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Hi there, apart from a being a bit unstable, CloudGPS is absolutely awesome, thanks for it.

Originally Posted by dwaradzyn View Post
The tiles are stored in /home/user/MyDocs/.maps directory. This directory is used by Maep, Mappero and ModRana at the moment.
Does anyone knows how to download the maps for a country from OpenStreetMap so they can be used offline with any of these applications?

I'm thinking that a MapsManager application to download maps from different sources such as OVI, OpenStreetMaps and Google could be very useful.

The Following User Says Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:

Tags
best gps app