Closed Thread
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
1 - Sink it to the bottom of the arctic sea where no one will find it. EVER!

X. - Use it for his staff to devloping his own OS, called PeeGo, which only he is allowed to use, since he realised windows is not good enough for him.

2. Give to the poor guys that have supported the OSes for several years. (Yes, that's right. The poor guys are you and me, pal)

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-02-01 at 19:39.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
He will launch N960 and N9+ after Windows launching is done ...

The Following User Says Thank You to jaripi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
No, Incorrect answer!

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Long Beach
I believe it will be answer 1.

"1 - Sink it to the bottom of the arctic sea where no one will find it. EVER!"

But, with enough dedication, someone(poor guys) might eventually get to it. Or, Nokia might release these things once they are not as relevant.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sanchdaniel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by sanchdaniel View Post
But, with enough dedication, someone(poor guys) might eventually get to it. Or, Nokia might release these things once they are not as relevant.
So that we don't go down this road again, after the WebOS announcement, I suggested again to Nokia opening up some parts of maemo. The response was silence.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SD69 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sanchdaniel View Post
I believe it will be answer 1.

"1 - Sink it to the bottom of the arctic sea where no one will find it. EVER!"

That is two or possibly three answers...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Honestly?

1) Sink it to the bottom

Open sourcing everything takes resources and lawyer time and developer time, neither which our beloved Maemo Devices has anymore.

In addition to that, most of Harmattan apps is built around a dead framework (MTF) and Fremantle apps is built around also dead one (Hildon, though that is being rebased on GTK+3)

We got a significant amount of things open sourced through MeeGo, but I think that's about it we'll see for now.
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Me, myself, leaning towards option X. Elop has fired alot of people and he might building a secret staff at some remote location and later on, a secret OS for himself. Unfortunately, I have no proof at this time!

Option 2! We will get it

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Would it possible for Maemo Council to send a mail directly to Elop?

Closed Thread