Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by inte View Post
The physical keyboard.
The onscreen keyboard doesn't show up at all.
On your device, does the onscreen keyboard work at all in SFOS? As for interaction between physical keyboard and Maliit, I hope somebody will chip in and explain how the layout is setup. Note that in Flatpak solution, we have maliit plugin partially running inside Flatpak and is installed via extension. I presume you did install the extension.

As for suitable apps, it gets asked frequently. I am not going to reply to it as this does not scale - I cannot repeat my replies every time. Instead, I expect that the new users would take time and read few pages back in history. It could be even ten pages, but only that way we can be sure that the developers don't repeat their replies and spend time on it instead of working on the projects.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 204 | Thanked: 443 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Germany - Potsdam
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
Interesting. Does it go for onscreen or physical keyboard? Or both? Is physical keyboard set somehow specially in the system? Don't know much about physical keyboards and Maliit interaction, I probably missed something in its server/client interaction.
+@inte
The physical keyboard from geminipda is a little bit odd. It uses X11 drivers. Look here:
Code:
/usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/planet_vndr/gemini
Also the Fn key combinations are not working. Same problem with chroot from elros based on xWayland Victory. I never got it working, but I am not an expert. I copied keyboard config from geminipda-sailfishos and/or geminipda-debian to chroot but had 'illegal keycode' errors from the keymap compiler 'xkbcomp' after doing it. Sometimes the gemini keyboard was working, after removing all key shortcuts from the windows manger, but it never was stable. Needs an expert, I think.
Is it possible to use the gemini key mappings in flatpak?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to meemorph For This Useful Post:
I read more in this thread and found: flatpak run --command=sh org.kde.mobile.angelfish
And there is is a 'xkbcomp' but 'ls /usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/' shows that there is (of course) no 'planet_vdnr' folder. But that gives me the hope it is doable some time.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to meemorph For This Useful Post:
I have never tried the Debian release for the gemini, but maybe it includes a matching keymap which could just be copied over to the flatpak install?
@ringius Yes thank you of course you are right. I'll read further. On my way to work now, though. 24 shift...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to inte For This Useful Post:
Posts: 362 | Thanked: 1,373 times | Joined on Nov 2015 @ Sweden
I found this chat app on flathub and looking at it on desktop I thought that it might work for Sailfish, but I keep getting this error message that I do not fully understand.

Please help!

Code:
[nemo@Sailfish ~]$ flatpak install --user chat.delta.desktop
Looking for matches?
Usage: gpg-connect-agent [options] (-h for help)Usage: gpg-connect-agent [options] (-h for help)error: No remote refs found similar to ?chat.delta.desktop?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by eson View Post
I found this chat app on flathub and looking at it on desktop I thought that it might work for Sailfish, but I keep getting this error message that I do not fully understand.

Please help!
no arm build fo this app?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
I have never tried the Debian release for the gemini, but maybe it includes a matching keymap which could just be copied over to the flatpak install?
the keymap is on sailfishos aswell.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meemorph For This Useful Post:
Heads up: there is something odd with the latest Flatpak platform and/or Angelfish update. Looks like navigation bar settings are reset and I have to figure out why. Don't update unless you want to set the preferences on every Angelfish start

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
You'll have to look up how to do that. Not sure its trivial as it goes against Flatpak stride to provide standard platforms, but maybe possible. Maybe better way would be to find how to make keyboard keymap to load from some alternative location via some env variable.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:

Tags
flatpak