Notices

hmmm i have a n900 so would probably to set it other way.

i looked into the xbindkeyrc and down in this file there is an option to acitvate mouse. but i don't check it... i deleted the # at the beginning of these lines and it says control + c:2 for mouse. But i don't know wich key c:2 should be. tryed every key, every combination, nothing worked.

when i tipe xbindkeys -k in xterm a new window opens with nothing in it. and when i tipe a button nothing happens. so don't know what to do there...
didn't think it would be so difficult to get a right click... isn't it standard? many people seems to have windows 95 installed on there devices, can't beleave that nobody did miss the right click yet.

well without any instructions on how to do it exactly i think i will not be able to find it... damn, would be great to play soccer manager on the n900.

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Okay, slow down.

In xterm
xbindkeys -k

Yep, you'll get a new window.

Press something like the "A" button on your keyboard.

Do you get a result from this? If so, what was the read out of it?

I'm not all too sure if xbindkeys will even work with the N900 tablet but this would be a first simple test to see if it's running correctly.

Cheers.

Thank you for helping me Trying to get it run since about 2 weeks without any result....

so i get the white window. When i press a or something else nothing happens... the window stays white with no reaction. that could be the problem why i didn't know what to do, it doesn't run

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Yep. Looks like I can't help you then.

Go bug javispedro on this. *lol*

i already wrote him a pm but he didn't answer

so i think he will not help my, why? i don't know...

i think i have to die dump

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
I didn't answer because it's not implemented, and being a feature request, I just piled it on the back of my looong TODO list.

The Following User Says Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
oh ok. don't know whats in your list, but a right click could be usefull for much things great work btw. dosbox on n900 seems to be faster than on other devices i already used it. looking forward fo new versions

Posts: 96 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denver, CO -> Italy
@ javispedro

my keybord does not have the US layout (I have IT keyb.).
What do I need for edit the file rover.sys and map the keys for my keyboard?

Or I have to edit the file mapper.txt?

Thanks

Nico

Last edited by nicorumiz; 2010-03-15 at 17:57.

The Following User Says Thank You to nicorumiz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by nicorumiz View Post
my keybord does not have the US layout (I have IT keyb.).
What do I need for edit the file rover.sys and map the keys for my keyboard?
You need:
- A 850 or 858 codepage compatible editor (for example MS-DOS Edit)
- The original US layout rover.sys source file: http://depot.javispedro.com/dosbox/rover/us.key
- If you want to test your changes, the FreeDOS KC compiler. You can either get the DOS version or the (trivially ported) Unix version I made here: http://depot.javispedro.com/dosbox/kc.tar.gz (src).
Though I will build .sys files for you if you send me the .key source files.

Hey there,

maybe I missed out on something in that looooong thread, but a bigger problem than numbers and right-clicks on my device seems to be mouse cursor and touch-pad being out-of-sync. Wherever I point my stylus or finger, the mouse cursor is up and left by quite some distance. What's wrong there?

Cheers!