My wireless network at work uses WPA2, seemingly Enterprise Edition (it requires user name and password instead of just a preshared key). If I try to logon to that on my N900 by just selecting the network SSID, it just asks for a preshared key. How can I use that network nonetheless?

do you know what kind of encryption you wpa2-enterprise is using? i use mine with our uni's network, and it's a peap-mschapv2 ... let me know what kind of encryption you have at home...

The Following User Says Thank You to adalal For This Useful Post:
yes i also hv that problem. I gt a cert from the official website but in the settings of the connection, i can't seem to select the cert. everything else is configurable. btw mine is also peap-mishapv2

@ben92 Have you installed the certificate already? If you have, does it show up on the certificate manager? AS per a post it should be setup as a wifi certificate.

Generic instructions for setting up are available here for the n810 and should be the same for the n900 as well

anyways, from the looks of it, you'll have to manually setup the connection profile, and then try connecting to it...

Originally Posted by depu View Post
@ben92 Have you installed the certificate already? If you have, does it show up on the certificate manager? AS per a post it should be setup as a wifi certificate.

Generic instructions for setting up are available here for the n810 and should be the same for the n900 as well
Yes I have installed the cert and set it to wlan. I can't set it to trust cos when i go to the cert manager all i can do is see the details of the cert and nothing else. I did everything according to the post u gave me but the network is still asking for the wep key

thanks for ur patience tho

Thanks so far, guys! Unfortunately, I can't quite follow
Could someone please give me a noob's introduction on how to connect to a WPA Enterprise network on the N900?
(The N810 introduction doesn't help me much, since I don't even know how to find the Certificate Manager on my N900... )

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Please define "WPA Enterprise network" first. It can mean quite a lot of different things.

Originally Posted by Irving View Post
Thanks so far, guys! Unfortunately, I can't quite follow
Could someone please give me a noob's introduction on how to connect to a WPA Enterprise network on the N900?
(The N810 introduction doesn't help me much, since I don't even know how to find the Certificate Manager on my N900... )
The certificate manager comes under Setting, under the Connectivity section.

Well i tried connecting to the WPA2 Enterprise setup at work at it worked just fine.
@ Irving
Steps i followed
1. Added the SSID manually.
2. Security Method set as "WPA with EAP"
3. EAP Type: PEAP (This might need to be changed in your case)
4. EAP Method: EAP MSCHAPv2
5. Set the User name and password
6. Click Advanced
7. Under the EAP tab make sure that "Use Manual user name" is selected.
8. Fill out "Manual user name" and save the setting

You should be done now.
Please do post back if it works, this could come as a reference for the others.

@ben92
Your issue is a bit different, since you are having a certificate with you.
Can you please create a new thread about that? i think your problem might be overlooked if you loop it into this thread,

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to depu For This Useful Post: