Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Where is ... countdown?
10 c h a r s

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to malkavian For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Here is a demo for people who missed it on the other thread:

Whatsup using TOHKBD:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLD3M_zv5Bo

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
I really should organize all my applications in nice folders as you did. But I have like 7 pages. I'm not sure one life would be enough to achieve that.

(Thanks for the video! Can't wait. Just can't. Let's try not to think about that freaking keyboard.)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 52 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ CZ & US ex-(UK/France/Switzerland/Canada)
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
I really should organize all my applications in nice folders as you did. But I have like 7 pages. I'm not sure one life would be enough to achieve that.
I have a different question. HtheB, how did you make that the icon of the folder contains icons of the apps from the folder (in the default, I can set only those few default rectangles/circles).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wolda For This Useful Post:
Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
Originally Posted by Wolda View Post
I have a different question. HtheB, how did you make that the icon of the folder contains icons of the apps from the folder (in the default, I can set only those few default rectangles/circles).
Patch manager + Launcher combined patch. Both installed from openrepos, there is a thread of patch manager.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to malkavian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Here is a demo for people who missed it on the other thread:

Whatsup using TOHKBD:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLD3M_zv5Bo
I am new in this forum and have been following the TOHKBD/Jolla news for a long time . I am currently a blackberry 9900 user and is seriously thinking about purchasing a Jolla Phone.

Thanks for the video. In the clip you are using touch screen for some of the tasks like launching Apps, moveing to the next screen etc. I am wondering whether these tasks can be done using the keyboard (shortcuts/nav keys) once the final version of keyboard and assosiated software is released.

Thanks

From my experience with Android, I know there no longer is a focus (in Android). It once existed, but was partially removed, partially not updated for a long time. So there is no way to highlight the app you want to start. And in places where it still exists, like with many on screen keyboards, it works unexpected. Apps not always support a hardware keyboard or always work in portrait mode, the focus starts invisible at random positions, moving the focus often does not go in the logical direction, etc.
In Android, physical keyboard support is a relic from the past, which probably explains why no one is making an Android phone with a keyboard any more. Android has become pointing device only.
So don't expect too much from android apps.

Jolla has always intended there to be a keyboard other half and even made changes to Sailfish for this specific keyboard. So I expect support to be a lot better, although it's hard to build keyboard support keyboard when no keyboard exits to test it with.

I don't know if it will work everywhere, as soon as the keyboard is available the support will improve for Sailfish OS and Sailfish apps. .

Unfortunately a standard usb keyboard/mouse does not seem to work on the Jolla. (apparently USB-OTG is not supported) So I can't easily check the current state.

On the bright side: The keyboard doesn't only do the things which already exists, it also adds some features. Like alt-tab to switch applications.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Roland684 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Message from Longsun, keypads are expected to ship in 1 month.

Please note:
- this is a complete guestimation not from me
- they need to travel half the globe before they are here
- then we need some time to assemble/ship
- assembling/shipping is logistic nightmare

All other parts will be ready waiting when they arrive. Will be assembled by nude virgins.

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
All other parts will be ready waiting when they arrive. Will be assembled by nude virgins.
gifs at 11

Originally Posted by yawuji View Post
I am new in this forum and have been following the TOHKBD/Jolla news for a long time . I am currently a blackberry 9900 user and is seriously thinking about purchasing a Jolla Phone.

Thanks for the video. In the clip you are using touch screen for some of the tasks like launching Apps, moveing to the next screen etc. I am wondering whether these tasks can be done using the keyboard (shortcuts/nav keys) once the final version of keyboard and assosiated software is released.

Thanks
The poster of this clip has answered my questions in the Youtube comment section . Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to yawuji For This Useful Post:

Tags
keyboard, kickstarter, other half, tohkbd