Does anyone know if it would be possible to run a HID keyboard attack using the n900. I think it would be amazing, Kali nethunter can so I was wondering if it would be possible on this. Any advice or help would be great.

The Following User Says Thank You to plourde For This Useful Post:
no one? no ideas at all and no ones heard anything on this matter?

Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Which programs do you use on Kali to do this? You might compile that particular program for N900 and it might run without modification.
Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mr_pingu For This Useful Post:
It's on nethunter, I don't use it. There is it in action. Would be cool. I ordered a rubber ducks and a teensy 3.1

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by plourde View Post
no one? no ideas at all and no ones heard anything on this matter?
Not responding doesn't mean that noone has heard anything on this matter.

In principle this would be trivially easy as you can control (read: patch and compile yourself) the kernel on the N900. Probably it's not even needed, but it certainly makes it easier.

Now do your homework and figure out where the kernel decides which usb id to send when asked.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Thanks for your reply. I have tried to figure this out. Hence on why I am asking in here. I tried to do my homework. I am a journeyman carpenter who enjoys computers not a tech or an ethical hacker. I am not lazy I'm just not smart at this......

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to plourde For This Useful Post:
Thanks for your reply. I have tried to figure this out. Hence on why I am asking in here. I tried to do my homework. I am a journeyman carpenter who enjoys computers not a tech or an ethical hacker. I am not lazy I'm just not smart at this......
Sorry for the unhelpful answer

I happen to be compiling a kernel right now (for my laptop, not for the N900), so I spotted the CONFIG_USB_OTG (USB on-the-go) option. I imagine that's where the protocol takes place. Meaning that at least there one would be able to manipulate how the N900 presents itself to a USB host.

I suffer severe lack of time but I'll add this to my list. I just have to find the damned list first

Good luck!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by reinob View Post
Sorry for the unhelpful answer

I happen to be compiling a kernel right now (for my laptop, not for the N900), so I spotted the CONFIG_USB_OTG (USB on-the-go) option. I imagine that's where the protocol takes place. Meaning that at least there one would be able to manipulate how the N900 presents itself to a USB host.

I suffer severe lack of time but I'll add this to my list. I just have to find the damned list first

Good luck!
What kernel version are you compiling? What distro?

What kernel version are you compiling? What distro?
Oh, it was 3.18.1. It's debian sid, but that's irrelevant.
Actually, OTG is largely irrlevant as well. The relevant part is the "USB Gadget" kernel option. This is old, but gives an overview:

http://www.linux-usb.org/gadget/

The Following User Says Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
I'm running Kali on Sid, I have had no luck with this what so ever. I'm stumped in this, I'm guessing it's just a no go for this, I mean it can be a hid keyboard on Bluetooth why not through usb. My brain is hurting

Tags
attack, maemo, n900!, nethunter, pentesting