You should have challenged them in multi tasking and navigating thru opened apps. Who cates how fast you can post on fb. There are more important and useful things to be able to do with a smart phone.

Is this one of those MS employee posting again!

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Bangalore
Windows is not the top platform right now, but "I feel", the OS seems more social network centric for some reason :S

I'm guessing after the motorola takeover, google would be coming up with a device tailored to the Android and a Tailored android OS for their device... This aught to be fun to see

Why not have a challenge on who can send a contact card faster to another phone. Sorry, no contest. WP can't send or receive contact cards as csv files. These are things which really matter in daily use, not who can post faster on facebook.

The Following User Says Thank You to SamGan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by asianmoomoo View Post
hi everyone,

I live in the states and today i was at the microsoft store. I decided to take on the windows phone challenge.

Result: I got smoked by a windows phone

granted that the tasks at hand are biased towards windows phone, but I have to admit the fluid OS and the ease of using the phone amazed me.

My task was to take a photo, tag it and upload on facebook. By the time i finish taking the photo and viewing it, the windows phone was done. another thing that was demonstrated is that they are able to take a pic of any text and translate into any language...neat feature.

Anyways, i got a $25 giftcard out of it and i definitely am leaning towards windows for the ease of use...but still holding on to see what iOS 6 will offer..especially on the new iphone5 in the fall.

i must say..a lumia 800 smoked a nokia n9

*the fun fact was that the sales guy was fascinated by my phone..he has never seen an N9 and given the same hardware as the 800, he was curious on how the N9 was. Had a little side conversation with him. all in all, a good day.
Did you try challenging them back by having them try browing a Flash-based website? How about playing a youtube video? Hell, did you ask them if you could have the same opportunity to prepare your way toward the challenge the way they did? I'm on Android, but I'll guarantee you that any number of desktop widgets placed on the desktop already set to do something can certainly beat a Windows phone. It's nice being able to customize, yesh.

Like I've said before--sometimes things are best expressed with pictures...

Originally Posted by flotron View Post
ignorant americans dont know anything beyond the ocean
_adjective_ _race,_nation_or_creed_ don't know anything beyond _proper_noun_

MAD LIBS TIME, EVERYBODY!
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Here's a challenge for Windows Phone users - Assign an MP3 file as a ringtone.

WP7.5 user:
1) Get hold of a PC and download a program called Audacity to edit the file to no longer than 40 seconds and no larger than 1 MB and assign the RINGTONE genre in its metadata. This program isn't so easy to use so you may need to study the help.

2) Connect your phone to your computer via the USB cable.

3) Open up the Zune software, select SETTINGS > SOFTWARE > COLLECTION > Monitored folders. If your Ringtone folder is not already included in your list of monitored folders, add it by selecting the ADD FOLDER button.

4) Select your edited mp3 file and sync to your connected phone.

5) After you disconnect your phone from your computer, you can find and assign your ringtone by tapping Settings > ringtones+sounds > tap the Ringtone box and review the ringtones under the "Custom" heading.

N9 user:
1) Start music player, browse to any song in your collection and long press.
2) In the pop up dialog box select "set as ringtone"

Done! Smoked by N9!

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to SamGan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 245 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Toronto-Canada
Originally Posted by SamGan View Post

WP7.5 user:
1) Get hold of a PC...
2) Connect your phone...
3) Open up the Zune...
4) Select your edited mp3...
5) After you disconnect...

N9 user:

Done! Smoked by N9!
Man, I loved ur post !

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Melbourne Australia
Originally Posted by SamGan View Post

WP7.5 user:
1) Get hold of a PC and download a program called Audacity to edit the file to no longer than 40 seconds and no larger than 1 MB and assign the RINGTONE genre in its metadata. This program isn't so easy to use so you may need to study the help.

2) Connect your phone to your computer via the USB cable.

3) Open up the Zune software, select SETTINGS > SOFTWARE > COLLECTION > Monitored folders. If your Ringtone folder is not already included in your list of monitored folders, add it by selecting the ADD FOLDER button.

4) Select your edited mp3 file and sync to your connected phone.

5) After you disconnect your phone from your computer, you can find and assign your ringtone by tapping Settings > ringtones+sounds > tap the Ringtone box and review the ringtones under the "Custom" heading.

N9 user:

Done! Smoked by N9!
Gold! Love it!!

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
How quickly can you install Firefox on Windows Phone 7 versus the N9?
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:

Tags
i'm relevant!, lol @ wp7