Notices

Some of my thoughts:
1. Thanks! Very useful app for me.
2. How do you remove a favorite? My list is getting big and bigger...
3. Why the Teletext and PIP buttons are enabled in TV panel, but options related to them (TT reveal, PIP swap, move, etc) are disabled?
4. What is really different about Select Keyset by Name and Select Keyset by Device menus? What was the reason for needing the latter, as it seems like an incomplete version of the former?
Just forgot the fifth item... or was it ever in my mind? will post if I see more things.

The Following User Says Thank You to Hossein For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by Hossein View Post
How do you remove a favorite? My list is getting big and bigger...
The checkbox that shows up when you click a keyset in the Select Keyset by Name window will both add a keyset to the favorites list and remove it from the favorites list. I really need to change the name of it, since it sounds like it only does the first action. I'll get an update out as soon as I can, with more favorites functionality in the UI.

Why the Teletext and PIP buttons are enabled in TV panel, but options related to them (TT reveal, PIP swap, move, etc) are disabled?
This is entirely an issue of my keyset data. Can you tell me the keyset you are using? Either I don't have the data for those buttons, or (equally likely) I've made a mistake somewhere.

(Also, as I've noted before, I'm a teletext newbie, so please do give me a holler if you find those buttons set up wrong...)

What is really different about Select Keyset by Name and Select Keyset by Device menus? What was the reason for needing the latter, as it seems like an incomplete version of the former?
The difference is that Select Keyset by Name is a full listing of all the actual IR keyset data available in Pierogi, while Select Keyset by Device is my (somewhat lame) attempt to provide an index into the keyset data through the names of devices that I believe work with that data. And you're right, it really is just an incomplete version of the former; I'm beginning to think that I should just remove it for now, until I can find a better way to provide the information to users. (And until I get a more complete list of compatible devices...)

Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
The checkbox that shows up when you click a keyset in the Select Keyset by Name window will both add a keyset to the favorites list and remove it from the favorites list. I really need to change the name of it, since it sounds like it only does the first action. I'll get an update out as soon as I can, with more favorites functionality in the UI.
That makes more sense now, but it's still a PITA to find the keyset in the device list and then remove it fom the favourites.
At least I can delete some favourites I added.

The difference is that Select Keyset by Name is a full listing of all the actual IR keyset data available in Pierogi, while Select Keyset by Device is my (somewhat lame) attempt to provide an index into the keyset data through the names of devices that I believe work with that data. And you're right, it really is just an incomplete version of the former; I'm beginning to think that I should just remove it for now, until I can find a better way to provide the information to users. (And until I get a more complete list of compatible devices...)
It would be a shame to remove this functionally for those that use it.
I understand it's not complete, removing it completely is a step backwards IMO.
If it was explained somewhere that information is provided from the device wiki and is not complete maybe more would contribute to the wiki.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Ok, the autobuilder seems to be having a bit of an outage right now, but if it does manage to get through, there will soon be yet another Pierogi update. This is mostly just a small update to the UI to add a button called "show only favorites" to the Select Keyset window. Hopefully, this will make it easier to manage your favorites.

I've also renamed a few things in the hope of avoiding misunderstandings. The "add keyset to favorites list" button has been changed to just "favorite keyset". I've renamed "Select Keyset by Device" to just be "Browse Device List", as it is not really an optimal way to select a keyset. At least not yet. (And to go with that, "Select Keyset by Name" is now just "Select Keyset".)

In other news, I went ahead and put in a keyset and a panel for the iRobot Roomba vacuum cleaner. I'm still not sure I've got the protocol quite right, but I figured I should give it a shot anyway...

If my update doesn't automatically get reloaded and pushed up, I'll try it again manually tomorrow.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 283 | Thanked: 276 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ uk or @Pai,Mae Hong Son, Thailand
....... I've made a first pass at keysets for ADB (I-Can), Anitech, Blaupunkt, Lifetec, Medion, Sylvania, Triax, and Viewsonic. (Still trying to work my way through the request list...)
Thanks for the update for ADB (I-Can). unfortunately, non of the provided keysets work with the 2851T (UK). Thanks anyway.

The Following User Says Thank You to macey For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by macey View Post
Thanks for the update for ADB (I-Can). unfortunately, non of the provided keysets work with the 2851T (UK). Thanks anyway.
Well, drat. I took another look around the net, but yeah, there really is no ir data for the 2851t (or the various forms of the 2850 for that matter). I was really hoping the 2840 would be compatible.

I'll keep an eye out for new 2851 info...

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ France
thanks a lot! I've been waiting for a new IR remote control for a long time!

One of the best apps ever.. This apps has just added another feather to my Nokia N900..
Thanks..

Few suggestions:
1. Is it possible to programme macro keys.. like send ir commands to switch on TV and dvd player

Originally Posted by leojab View Post
Is it possible to programme macro keys.. like send ir commands to switch on TV and dvd player
I have been messing around with the concept of macros within Pierogi for a while; it's one of my longer-term projects for the app. I've got bits and pieces started, but it may take a while before I manage to pull them all together and get them into a release. Thanks!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 57 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ France
oops, sorry for my mistake on the wiki --'
working for my yamaha amplifier, my apple station and my philips radio until at least 5 or 6 meters :-D

The Following User Says Thank You to krutznikov For This Useful Post:

Tags
infrared, pasta, remote, remote control