Posts: 209 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ York, Pa., USA
Don't kill the messenger. Just noticed the article up on Engadget this morning. Thought I pass it along, after checking to make sure there is no current thread about it...

OH S**T!!

BTW

The Bloomberg article has a lot more ELOP insights.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lorul2 For This Useful Post:
doesn't his face just make you want to pin him down and rain down elbows on his face.....

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
I had to cry myself.
sob, sob... How could you?

I gave Elop the benefit of the doubt until this morning.

Every time they give him a microphone he basically says "our products suck so hard! we can't do anything right! By the way, we're releasing a windows phone". The tech blogs eat this up, stocks fall. As the head of a company trying to make a profit, this makes no sense.

I know he is CEO and all, but they probably shouldn't let him speak at conferences.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to anonymous For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
The article makes it look as if MeeGo was so full of bugs (or lacking features) back in January that they would not be able to launch more than 3 MeeGo powered devices until 2014.

I don't really understand this. It just doesn't make sense: Are they talking about MeeGo proper or Harmattan?
If Harmattan: How can they release a (hopefully working) product this year if it's so 'unfinished'?
If MeeGo proper: Why not stick to the Harmattan-route then and slowly build it closer towards MeeGo proper until it is ready?

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Hilarious.

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
This is just another ridiculous sh*t from Engadget, I don't believe a word of it.

Or if it's true, then Nokia's leadership is indeed incompetent.

The Following User Says Thank You to Venemo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Go read the article it refers to, that one is actually a fairly good read.
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
The article makes it look as if MeeGo was so full of bugs (or lacking features) back in January that they would not be able to launch more than 3 MeeGo powered devices until 2014.

I don't really understand this. It just doesn't make sense: Are they talking about MeeGo proper or Harmattan?
If Harmattan: How can they release a (hopefully working) product this year if it's so 'unfinished'?
If MeeGo proper: Why not stick to the Harmattan-route then and slowly build it closer towards MeeGo proper until it is ready?
I agree this 3 device comment sounds like utterly nonsensical bs.

Once you get 1 out the next one can be very shortly behind it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to olighak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by Venemo View Post
This is just another ridiculous sh*t from Engadget, I don't believe a word of it.
Ridiculous sh*t or not, it's not from Engadget, it's from Bloomberg Businessweek.

Tags
bada blows, buysomethinelse, good move, goodbye nokia, wp7 rocks