Notices

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by Makeclick View Post
Thanks Cepi! Only one thing. Make icon more green. Good work!!!
Whatsup = Blue

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ CZ & US ex-(UK/France/Switzerland/Canada)
Originally Posted by Zero Six View Post
I tried to copy existing fields and values from yappri.conf to whatsup.conf (imsi, number, cc, phonenumber, password, username, creation, expiration, nextchallenge, etc), but can not login on whatsup.
From what I saw, imsi in yappari.conf is in numeric value, but in whatsup.conf is kind of like hex value.
and also there is "penc" field in whatsup.conf that is not available in yappari.conf.

is it possible to convert or get both value from yappari to be used on whatsup?
thank you.
From my experiments, it seemed to be important to set in the whatsup.conf also the setting
Code:
kind=free
(or whatever account type you have).

Posts: 586 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Whatsup = Blue
ou.. UP.. like the sky

Posts: 485 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Galiza
Originally Posted by mind_the_gap View Post
Thanks for the explanation. However, I don't see how WhatsApp could "make some shlt on you". But maybe I missed some part of the discussion here. Is there some secret in your source code that makes them think we are using their client and that prevents freeing the source?
I guess neither CepiPerez nor coderus want to suffer the same consecuences the poor tgalal is having right now.
All hail Tarek! :respect:

Posts: 1,023 | Thanked: 4,421 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Argentina
Just some notes for you:

- Whatsup database is not encryped. It's basically the same you have in wazapp. It's just text messages are in base64 (wich is very easy to decode).

- About source, if some know developer wants it I don't mind to share privately. I won't make it public because nobody can afirm how whatsapp is blocking us, and maybe hiding them the posibility to see how are we working can give us some advantage here.

- Coderus is great, it's not a challenge. I just made my own client because I can and it fits my UI taste.

- "kind" value in settings file is obsolete, the only ones that matters are "username" and "password" (the rest are for some stupid things)
CallBlocker for Harmattan

Support my work:
Paypal / Bitcoin

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CepiPerez For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Wolda View Post
From my experiments, it seemed to be important to set in the whatsup.conf also the setting
Code:
kind=free
(or whatever account type you have).
hi Wolda,
Thank you for replying.
I just found the solution today..
What's more important is username field on whatsup.conf.

In yappari, I can customize my username, and it looks like It's not compatible with whatsup.
Code:
[yappari.conf]
number=1234567890
cc=99
phonenumber=991234567890
username=N900
As I tested, it didn't work if I copied username from yappari.conf to whatsup.conf, but this will worked.

Code:
[whatsup.conf]
cc=99
phonenumber=1234567890
username=991234567890
Thanks to cepiperez who created whatsup and also to all people, scorpius, agamez, cepiperez again, and coderus, who contributed to yappari that makes this possible.
I really admire all your works.

The Following User Says Thank You to Zero Six For This Useful Post:
It's already working pretty good for me. I found some minor issues in german translation. Do you have some tracker were I can suggest some correctins?

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden

Thank you.

Hi,

I installed the app today and registered my number with the sailfish app. I can post and receive messages. But I can't select any contact from the contacts tab as this list is empty. If I tap on the refresh icon I can see no difference except that the os alerts me that the app is not anwsering anymore. I also restarted the phone already.

My phone contacts consists only of local contacts (not google synced or so).

How can I get the app to use see the possible chat contacts?

Thanks,
Thomas

Tags
alpha, jolla, tohkbd, whatsup