Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by 4mula1 View Post
I just rubbed in a circular motion with my finger until it was gone. It took probably 40 minutes off and on.Ended up with a blister on my right index finger and a swollen eye the next morning because I apparently didn't get all of the adhesive off of my finger before I rubbed my eye at some point. My wife kindly offered to make the other eye match...
Or just save yourself a lot of pain and use the solution I posted above.

Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
Or just save yourself a lot of pain and use the solution I posted above.
Hindsight is a beautiful thing, isn't it?

I just picked up an iGo Stowaway keybaord to use with my n800. I'm sorry to say the @#%! sticker is still in use!

It took me 30 minutes and two glasses of my fav adult beverage to remove the blasted thing with my thumbnail, a pair of tweesers, and some scotch tape.

It's a wonderful additon, and at <$40 was a great deal, but WHAT A PAIN IN THE BUTT!!!

Oh...just for clarification, I didn't use the beverage as a solvent - I drank it.

Techie, Podcaster, Nuclear Engineer, Triathlete, Road Warrior, and N800 Newbie
Podcast: This Week in Nuclear
My Crazy Friends: Multisport Maniacs

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by pronuke View Post
<needless suffering />
Seriously, to anybody and everybody who has received or will be receiving one of these keyboards, do yourself a favor and go pick up a bottle of Ronsonol, it'll save you so much time and energy getting off the stick. Just two quick swipes with a paper towel!

This is great to know, General. I have one of these keyboards on the way, and just happen to already have a bottle of Ronsonol, so you've saved me from the needless suffering!

Thanks for the tip. That sticker was a pain.

Got mine from Amazon about a month ago, and there was no sticker. So not everybody who gets one of these at this great price will have to go through this pain. Sorry for those of you who did though.

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Sunny Central Washington
A bit of WD40 on a rag is great for removing the glue residue!
--pattoo

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Mine had the same obnoxious sticker and it did take me a few minutes to get rid of the parts on the keyboard. The other parts are still there, since they don't impede typing.

I just received the iGo keyboard and it had the 'dreaded sticker'. Maybe they changed it, because mine peeled-off without any effort or glue staying behind. You do need to be careful and peel from an end and go slow. I also find that a citrus cleaner removes sticker residue easily, but may attack some plastics.