Active Topics

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
this just happened to me. at a random time while sending an SMS, it failed with a yellow banner saying "No SIM Card Inserted"

a reboot fixed the problem though. i would like to know what caused that to occur.

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

as far as I can tell from looking at logs on my N900 it is somehow related to the modem hardware resetting. No clue about the cause behind this behaviour.

In my case I found that the reset was more frequent if connected to some specific celltowers.

The Following User Says Thank You to maddler For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
@maddler

so there is a possibility that the cause is from my service provider?

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

@gabby
it's just a conjecture, but I'd say that the bug is being triggered (more frequently) under certain circumstances (e.g. a specific celltower). I wouldn't say the bug is caused by your service provider.

The Following User Says Thank You to maddler For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by adambennett View Post
**Update ** between the battery and back plastic plate of phone seems to need to be the target of most of your paper squares.

Ok i have solved this problem.

One the second or third day of having my n900 i dropped it and have had the infamous no sim error on and off since.

After trying everything a few humble squares of thin magazine cover have solved my problem.

By placing cut squares of paper between the sim and battery and battery and back case the problem has been resolved.

I know this sounds stupid but without the paper cut outs the sim error returns.

My phone would often not start and would continue in a boot cycle this has also been fixed.

just keep adding slices of paper until problem solved. I hope this helps others as much as it helped me.
Noting all previous posts about the error with the sim reading for the N900 in this topic, I have actually tried adambennet's (temporary) solution to this problem.. and surprisingly it is indeed working. I was a bit skeptical at first to having a paper of the sorts behind the battery to separate physical contact between the Sim Card and the Battery, but feeling there were nothing to lose other than important call time and/or texts I gave it a go.

I used a clothing tag instead of magazine paper (for its thickness is as big as the sim card itself), and cut out a similar rectangular shape small enough to fit into the outter groove of the sim card slot, in order to seperate physical contact between the battery and the sim. I am unsure if the true cause resides between this contact between sim and battery theory, but 6 hours from this post has passed since after more than 8 hours of downtime from the Sim Card error.

I will continue observing whether this temp. solution will suffice in the meanwhile and post updates soon.

The Following User Says Thank You to JohnP For This Useful Post:
Up until the last I posted, the temporary method of cutting out some sort of paper shaped sim has been working. I haven't had that unrecognized sim icon whatsoever since my last post. I have however received no internet connection a few times probably due to the local area I happened to be in.

FYI, I was having this issue the past couple days. It worked fine for months. Then, the sim card detection started flaking on me, then went out completely. No amount of cleaning the SIM, bending the pins, or compressing the sim card with slips of paper helped.

I went to my carrier store (T-Mobile US), and got a fresh SIM card in order to troubleshoot this issue. The new SIM worked just fine. No clue why the old one stopped working, but too lazy to diagnose further.

Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
Noting all previous posts about the error with the sim reading for the N900 in this topic, I have actually tried adambennet's (temporary) solution to this problem.. and surprisingly it is indeed working. I was a bit skeptical at first to having a paper of the sorts behind the battery to separate physical contact between the Sim Card and the Battery, but feeling there were nothing to lose other than important call time and/or texts I gave it a go.
+1
really, it's working with paper

Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
i had the same problem.when i flashed my phone with a globle ver..i tried all of them but not a single one worked for at last i had to go with indian ver..(from i bought the phone) and it works( i did it for slype)can anyone tell me how to get globle ver..with working sim card ?

Flashing to USA version solved my problem, try different country version if nothing is working.

Tags
n900, not recognized, problem, sim, sim card, sim problem