Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
no stress.
Good lock ad your exams!
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

Hi,

Realy cool application, thanks for your work !!

I got one proposal, if you set "silent Profile during recording"
it stays in silent mode until you hit the stop recording button.

Wouldn´t it be better to go to normal mode when the alarm time is reached?
So someone can call you at a time you have to get up anyway.

Just a proposal, what the others here think about that ?

Again, thanks for your work caco3 !

donjoe

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Berlin, Germany
Hi, since some updates I can't display logs anymore. Even directly after stopping logging I don't get results displayed. I never manually installed your lib and as far as I've seen progress this rendering lib is included int he package now, right? So my queation: do I have to install/copy/delete anything to make this work again?

Another thing is the changelog: it would be really helpful if you would include only changes for the current version. Seeing all changes frrom last 20 versions is quite annoying and makes it hard finding the recent changes.

Hi X-Lette

Originally Posted by x-lette View Post
Hi, since some updates I can't display logs anymore. Even directly after stopping logging I don't get results displayed. I never manually installed your lib and as far as I've seen progress this rendering lib is included int he package now, right? So my queation: do I have to install/copy/delete anything to make this work again?
If the module couldn't get loaded, you would get an error message during starting. Also I don't think there is a problem with it (at least not in the latest version).
If I should help you, I need some more information!
Please start SleepAnalyser in the Xterm with the command
Code:
sleepanalyser
. Then you should get some error messages. Also I have to know which version you use and what exactly happens when you try to open a record!

Originally Posted by x-lette View Post
Another thing is the changelog: it would be really helpful if you would include only changes for the current version. Seeing all changes frrom last 20 versions is quite annoying and makes it hard finding the recent changes.
This is a development version! I add all stuff to the log, until I make a stable version for Extras-Testing. There I will summarise the change log. As I am currently uploading so many development version (to test that the packaging is right), it does not make sense to always only include the latest change.
If you want to use it for real, I strongly suggest not to use development versions!
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

Hi donjoe
Originally Posted by donjoe View Post
I got one proposal, if you set "silent Profile during recording"
it stays in silent mode until you hit the stop recording button.

Wouldn´t it be better to go to normal mode when the alarm time is reached?
So someone can call you at a time you have to get up anyway.

Just a proposal, what the others here think about that ?
I am not sure if that is wise. Of course I could stop silent profile earlier, but IMHO it does not make much sense;
Normally you also are in off line mode. Now I wouldn't want to deactivate off line mode while the phone is still under my pillow. I think it's better to stay off line until the user interacts (stops the recording). So if you are off line, there is no need to be in general profile.
But of course if others also prefer to stop silent mode n alarm, its easy to change. I personally think its more intuitive when both changes happen at the same time.

N.B.
I am aware that (if stop on alarm) is active, it will change to online mode/general profile, when the alarm is reached, even the phone is still under the pillow.
If this could get solved better would have to be discussed.
and more...

It's magic. Did an update to latest version last night (1.8.47) and everything is fine again. Don't have a clue what was breaking it before. I just can say that it happened before generating statistics.

Development version is fine for me. It works perfectly, is fast and has nice graphics!

Hi Caco3,

thanks for your reply.
I dint have offline mode active while sleeping, have the
N900 on the edge of the bed, so not that near my head.
Cellphones havent that much poweroutput like eg. Cordless
phones, but thats a different topic.

And no i dint trow it from bed while sleeping until now, and im
using Sleepanalyser from start, nearly every night.

When im sleeping im constantly ignoring any kind of alarm clock.
So im getting to late to work some times.
If sleepanalyser is active and im ignoring the alarm the phone
is in silent mode the whole time and no one can call me and
yell im to late for work that way im sulrey getting a healthy
sleep, but i have to change constantly my employer.

What about letting offlinemode and silentmode or only offlinemode
running until hitting stop record, and only silentmode stopping at
beginning of alarm time? ( or a new option? more work for you P) )

For now i can use the option that stops the recording at alarm,
but i would like to let the record running until im realy awake

so long, donjoe

You could also change to non-silent profile in the morning so you are able to hear the alarm. When then using something like evilalarm too, which rings until you really get up and carry your phone around you might have chances to get out of bed in time.
Me, I'm using alarmed to switch profiles and network status. Therefore I can leave that option in Sleepanalyser unchecked as my phone gets switched to normal profile and online in the morning and to silent one and offline in the night.

hi

alarmed to switch profiles automaticly sounds good,
but im working shift, so i had to constantly changing the times.

I dint hear about evilalarm until now, sounds good will try it.
Thanks for the tip.

donjoe

I want to keep it simple, so I think I will stop silent profile as well as off line mode asap the alarm occurs.
Indeed mobile phones are not radiating as much as other devices, especially when they are not in use. So it should be ok if the phone is still some minutes on line under the pillow, until the person gets up. Those who are fanatic about it, can switch to off line mode beforehand manually. (SleepAnalyser always restores to the state before recording).
and more...