Posts: 6 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ Germany, NRW
Hey everyone,

I just buyed this awsome N9 a half year ago.
I had too much smartphones with black colour, so I decided to change the housing to cyan.

I tried but these screwedrivers wont fit. I tried it a bit harder and woups these screws wont be able to use again.

But the problem is: These screwes are in the housing, but its unable to unscrew them.

So, I leave that so. I managed to unscrew 4 screws, not more.

But now the confusing thing is that the display wont react on my touches. It were overnight, I had leaven out the 4 screws where I'd build the phone together.

Accu is stil working, I also see the screen, Vol + Boot Button are usable but no touch.

What can I do? Send this to an Nokia Store?
I would like to see cyan on my smartphone, not black.

Good Evening,

mav

The Following User Says Thank You to maveey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Bring this to a Nokia store. Destroyed screws are difficult to deal with, especially when screwdrivers are of incorrect size. For Nokia care, the issue will be trivial - hopefully. It's not like you dropped it into sea water - you merely need to replace the destroyed screws, and they have correct screwdrivers and new screws - and hopefully, tools to replace destroyed screws, too.
Best wishes.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
So.. whats with the screen?

Colours, everything without the touch function works.

But in my disassembly I bent the sim card slot a bit.
After I tried to put the simcard holder back in, it scratched a bit, only the holder..

Tried to rebent it, works good.

Everything about touch = screen. You might wanna check if your screen flat cable connection is it clipped properly. Or it might be that the clip is damaged. Did you applied force around there somehow?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to henry91 For This Useful Post:
Just the normal pressure to clip it on.