Development in process

Developers need to eat / drink beer as well;
if you like our work, please support us!

Can be found from openrepos.

https://openrepos.net/content/giuliettasw/looking-glass

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

Last edited by tortoisedoc; 2015-12-02 at 06:53.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post:
Didn't I read a feature request for something like this only a few days ago somewhere?
Nice reaction time, Good work!

Works pretty good already. Can't be used at the same time as camera app (expected behaviour), but does not break anything – after exiting Looking glass, the camera app resumed showing something. Didn't test while recording a video or such shenanigans.

The picture actually refocussed twice while testing but I've got no idea if I did it or how I did it. If possible, refocussing would be really everything I can think of to make this great. Perhaps on tap and/or every x seconds?

I also like the 'non gui'. The icon looks a bit jagged though. If you'd like, I'll draw a new one for you in all relevant resolutions… PM me if interested.

Edit:
I could not sleep so I drew something anyway and made a Pull request. Feel free to use or disregard

Last edited by velox; 2015-12-02 at 00:42. Reason: added smoother icon proposal

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to velox For This Useful Post:
Does what it says on the tin!

Would like to see an option for manual zoom and possibly the addition of a torch too? Those would be handy features for reading serial numbers in dark cabinets (my personal user scenario).

Thanks

Last edited by MINKIN2; 2015-12-01 at 23:47.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MINKIN2 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MINKIN2 View Post
Does what it says on the tin!

Would like to see an option for manual zoom and possibly the addition of a torch too? Those would be handy features for reading serial numbers in dark cabinets (my personal user scenario).

Thanks
The torch seems to have a life of it's own (as in during the few hours of development it turned on randomly, probably due to the light sensor); but it's a valid request, I will keep it in mind!

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

The Following User Says Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post:
Nice app! But the name's a bit funny, "looking glass" meaning "mirror"?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ssahla For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ssahla View Post
Nice app! But the name's a bit funny, "looking glass" meaning "mirror"?
A mirror's a mirror, a looking glass does not reflect your image no?

More like :

but I could not find a nice icon for it, so I just used a "normal" magnifying glass . Suggestions appreciated (via pull requests)!

I think you've muddled up with spy glass, there.

A looking glass is a mirror (as in "Through the Looking-Glass and What Alice Found There").

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/looking_glass#English

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to skanky For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Torch when focussing is enabling automatically only if can't focus without torch.

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by skanky View Post
I think you've muddled up with spy glass, there.

A looking glass is a mirror (as in "Through the Looking-Glass and What Alice Found There").

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/looking_glass#English
Aha! Thanks, I will change the name in the next update then

EDIT : even tho looking glass maybe is more intriguing

DISCLAIMER : users are the solely to be held responsible for inappropriate use of this app.

Last edited by tortoisedoc; 2015-12-03 at 09:55.

The Following User Says Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post: