Do you believe a few drops will spoil'em?
Look forward to catch you all up there guys!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to No!No!No!Yes! For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
I just wanted to ask, if everything went okay with the sponsoring of travel and hotel to the MeeGo Conference.
Did you got the money refund?
Is there something that should be done better next time?
Do you have any other thoughts to share?

Thanks!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 317 | Thanked: 787 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Krakow, Poland
I was reimbursed quite quickly (few days after the conference). There was not much trouble with hotel either. It was really really positive experience and I am happy that I had chance to meet and have a beer with community members (like kojacker, lcuk, jukey, texrat, smoku, ash from meegoexperts and others). Thank you all!

PS. Still no signs of netbook

Last edited by dwaradzyn; 2010-12-06 at 19:24.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dwaradzyn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 388 | Thanked: 842 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
I just wanted to ask, if everything went okay with the sponsoring of travel and hotel to the MeeGo Conference.
Everything went very well. The conference was interesting and there were no problems with the hotel or the refund. The netbooks were a nice gift, Guinness was good and there was plenty of it

I wouldn't have attended the conference without the help of those who voted for my application, so big thank you to everyone

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hqh For This Useful Post:

Thanks!
30 mails +
6 different interlocutors (1 @Nokia, 3 @The Linux Foundation, 1 @VenusIreland, 1 @Intel) +
1 false allegation of skipping payments
... later =
... still no refund and no netbook shipped here.

Conference was great ... at least!

I'll keep you posted...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to No!No!No!Yes! For This Useful Post:
If you haven't seen it, Dawn Foster (Intel) has updated the MeeGo.com forums with an update for the folks who are awaiting their laptops to be shipped to them:

Originally Posted by http://forum.meego.com/showpost.php?p=14555&postcount=5
We should have these to people before the end of December.

2 reasons it is taking a while:
* these have to be shipped individually / manually, so it's taking a little time to process them.
* with the U.S. holiday schedule (Thanksgiving), I don't think we started on these until last week.
Hopefully you'll receive it in time to put under the Christmas tree

No!No!No!Yes! - hope you get the refund sorted soon. At least you became an internet celebrity, or atleast your conference badge did

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
If you haven't seen it, Dawn Foster (Intel) has updated the MeeGo.com forums with an update for the folks who are awaiting their laptops to be shipped to them:

Hopefully you'll receive it in time to put under the Christmas tree

No!No!No!Yes! - hope you get the refund sorted soon. At least you became an internet celebrity, or atleast your conference badge did
Which got replaced ... on the fly!!!

Also the Ideapad needed replacement due to malfunctioning WIFI
But I'm still confident!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to No!No!No!Yes! For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Thanks for your answers.
No!No!No!Yes! I hope you'll get your refund and netbook very soon.

Any other experiences? Smoku was also there, right? Did you got your refund or was it a bad experience?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Any other experiences? Smoku was also there, right? Did you got your refund or was it a bad experience?
I know from the DropN900 thread that Jonne and Ben had a good time at the conference Ben was travelling all the way from Hong Kong so I hope there's no problems refunding his travel expenses..

Which makes me wonder, how amazing would a MeeGo conference in HK be? Ben and Amanda go set it up! I'm imaging drinking and werewolf games on the Star Ferry in Hong Kong harbour

Smoku was indeed around with his red Streak in hand, I didn't bump into him but from twitter stalking I think he had a good time too I know he picked up one of the notebooks and I believe he even ran his own unconference session on the last day so im sure he enjoyed that

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Last edited by kojacker; 2010-12-07 at 14:45.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Refund received, eventually (very time/effort consuming, TBH!)
Netbook not yet.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to No!No!No!Yes! For This Useful Post: