actually i be more worried about nokia-microsoft parterniship if i made wp7
than google.

microsoft SAYS its giving special treatment and money to nokia, google its treating android like adopted ugly kid (from a rich (in patents) familiy)

The Following User Says Thank You to jo21 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
I wonder what elop will do when HTC, Samsung, LG etc make mango phones and sell them right next to Nokia mango phones. I would be very interested to see who is he gona call and what exactly is he gonna say.

P.S. after this one I have to give the clinically stupid option some odds he might not be a trojan horse after all.

The Following User Says Thank You to Zoxir For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Stephen Elop: Living proof that sh1t floats.

My website

GitHub

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 434 | Thanked: 990 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
The Guy is a F-tard.

Their golden opportunity at differentiation came (and went) with Harmattan and then Meego.

Given that Samsung is continuing to develop Bada to be more than just a featurephone OS, and knowing that LG is still developing Meego as a back of house project, whilst HTC has created a massive following with SenseUI I don't see why they'd be too worried.

Of course the Motorola patents will give google tremendous leverage against CPTN, which in turn will actually provide a lot of protection for ALL hardware vendors using android

edit: And of course the LG partnership with ZTE and China Mobile (@ 600m users IIRC) to develop Meego handsets is still progressing too...... 600 million, now that's a big dent in Elop's "next billion" forecast.....

Last edited by onethreealpha; 2011-08-18 at 00:43.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to onethreealpha For This Useful Post:

Tags
scaredy cat, the elop flop