Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
damn... just donated 10€ and forgot the username

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by geekgirl74 View Post
as she said^^

In total we've now 283,00€ in donations gross, 12,24€ PayPal fees, that makes 270,76€ in donations net.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
12,24€ PayPal fees
Wow, 12,24€ Donations for PayPal. I guess we have already a competition winner...

...but I don't like it...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by geekgirl74 View Post
ahaha! its so ignorant and lazy of me that you can type something on that blank box!

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

The Following User Says Thank You to gabby131 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by Helmuth View Post
Wow, 12,24€ Donations for PayPal. I guess we have already a competition winner...

...but I don't like it...

My website

GitHub

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
awright! since I forgot to put my username and paypal took longer to send me the confirmation...than expected.....my confirmation number is 7591xxxxxxxxx584K...........

shoot........

EDIT: i did not forgot! i was not reading and paying attention to simple instructions.....

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

Last edited by gabby131; 2011-04-23 at 23:41.

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
No, this could mislead talented developers to hold back their new applications until the next coding competition. In my opinion is this against the spirit of our community Coding Competition.

Or have I understood it wrong?
Ys, I think so.
It would only mean that it's against the rules to submit an App which was released already before 1st April.
It is no problem to submit an App which was developed before 1st April if it wasn't released.
Because I think the voters will vote the App and not the changes made during the timeframe. We were able to see that with the PSX emulator submission in the last coding competition.
What do you think?

The submission site got another update: http://competition.meetmeego.org
Do you like it? Would you like to see something different? Are there bugs?
Then please open a bug: http://dev.c-base.org/redmine/projects/contesta
Thanks!

Submission update: The first game and the first MeeGo x86 project was submitted:
Tribute

Donation update:
20€ by gabby131 (if I understood his last post right...

Thank you all!

edit: with the last donation we broke the 300€ mark!
another update: new App submission will now be posted on http://twitter.com/meetmeego automagically!

Last edited by zehjotkah; 2011-04-24 at 05:21.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Ys, I think so.
It would only mean that it's against the rules to submit an App which was released already before 1st April.
It is no problem to submit an App which was developed before 1st April if it wasn't released.
Because I think the voters will vote the App and not the changes made during the timeframe. We were able to see that with the PSX emulator submission in the last coding competition.
What do you think?
In my humble opinion we shouldn't exclude already released applications. This would punish develpers that have worked a lot the past months to give us their applications for free. How frustrating would this be for a programmer if he has released something last march?

No... But there MUST exist significant progress during the competition. It's hard to judge, I know. We have to trust every contributor in some way. As piggz said, we're unable to check everything. We are unable to check if the development began this April or last December. But we should exclude Applications with minor changes (different icon, other menu layout). And this has to be judged case by case. (only my humble opinion)

We have to tolerance some things... but not everyting. Sometimes a programmer has a lot of work to implement something and a other Programmer will win with only 5 hours of work simply with the much better idea.

This contest is from and for the community. Its about everyting, the idea, the concept, marketing, popularity and the execution. Sad for developers that nobody will judge how well the source code is written. But I guess this is totally out of the scope if a totally multicolored community with a lot different people elect a winner by vote.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
The submission site got another update: http://competition.meetmeego.org
Do you like it? Would you like to see something different?
The submission site is getting better and better. Thanks!

But I would add a short abstract text above the pictures of each application and place the external url below the pictures.

The long details text at the end is fine. I like it this way.

We have at the moment enought time and there are only a few submissions. The 8 people will have enought time to add a short text to a additional field until the end of the competition.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
But I would add a short abstract text above the pictures of each application and place the external url below the pictures.
abstract its already in there as you can see at http://mcc.base45.de/submissions/5.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yncyrydybyl For This Useful Post:

Tags
coding, community, competition, contest, development, intel, meego, meetmeego, nokia