Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YIsTMPLvTs
Yes i know, someone pointed that out in the meego thread...
Its not clear though, whether what this user @youtube is claiming, is correct.
My understanding of 3.5mm AV-out, is that it's limited to lesser formats than 720p.
But I'm not certain if that's "set in stone".....

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-06-25 at 16:17.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
But FInland, sweden,norway are so very small market. So even if n9 will beat windows every day. Other countries might go for win7, bigger countires.

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
After reading some Northeuropean media and what Nokia says here I realise this: MrFlops strategy will not work in Northeuropean

Meego will still be supported by Nokia here

So **** MrFlop's FUD
What do you mean. Either it is supported or it isn't.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
What do you mean. Either it is supported or it isn't.
I support it.

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 336 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
Here in Finland i'll see N9 eating up WP version easily.

N900 was huge seller here so people are a bit more familiar with Maemo and maybe quite a bit of people that don't connect linux to something negative.
Used Windows Phones in other hand are going for silly low prices and many services are not available here yet for WP. In general they are not getting anything sold, though i think they will sell quite good here once the Nokia sticker is in place.

Seeing that WP might not be here on a first wave Nokia also knows this.
in germany even brand new wp are going for silly low prices, for example Samsung omnia 7 = new price 199€

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Define "huge seller" please.
N900 was Finlands largest unlocked phone sellers, verkkokauppa.com most sold smartphone for 2 months and you had 2 months waiting if you ordered the phone on release date. Largest carrier, Sonera/Saunalahti also had it as their best selling smartphone for a month.

I don't think you are going to find other country where you could have seen 3 months after N900's release that phone every other day.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
But FInland, sweden,norway are so very small market. So even if n9 will beat windows every day. Other countries might go for win7, bigger countires.
Oh no i'm not even saying by a long shot that in a bigger picture it makes any difference. I was simply just talking about Finland and that N9 is most likely going to sell here more at first than WP.
Scandinavia+Finland together is quite big of a market for smartphones where example Samsung has been feeding it's smartphones, but Finland was very alone with the N900. I don't believe that example people over at Sweden, Norway where anymore eager to get N900 than in Germany.
Hell, iphone owns 31% of the smartphone market even in Finland so Nokia isn't getting it all free anymore even in the very core Nokia market.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 312 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ P.A.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to scapegoat845 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 35 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Norway
Guys, I don't get the finnish article. I think it is planted seeds to grow hate. Stir up the hive.

Because read here: http://www.tu.no/forbruker/article288395.ece

“People don’t need to worry about we not supporting MeeGo wholeheartedly.” – Oskar Södergren, Communication Manager Nokia Scandinavia

He says that WP7 is and will be the main platform, but MeeGo still lives as the disruptor.

Even a Norwegian representative said the same thing.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HaugMedia For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HaugMedia View Post
Guys, I don't get the finnish article. I think it is planted seeds to grow hate. Stir up the hive.

“People don’t need to worry about we not supporting MeeGo wholeheartedly.” – Oskar Södergren, Communication Manager Nokia Scandinavia

He says that WP7 is and will be the main platform, but MeeGo still lives as the disruptor.

What do expect him to say? It's his job to actually make sure the device will be sold. Elops job is to make sure nokia stock get a low prize so Microsoft can buy it cheap!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by HaugMedia View Post

Those guys don't run the company, and their statements conflict with the most recent by Elop...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????