nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo its that easy dam it, i already curputed my memory card trying to make it into partions and mount it. DOooooooooooooom.

UPDATE: i have fixed the corrupted memory guide, but now i have to untar it again....... yyyyyyyyyy (sadd face)

ok then im gonna just use the installer, and see what happens, I really want fire fox 3 and open office I WILL DO ANYTHING!!!

Last edited by maxzar100; 2008-06-25 at 08:00.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by maxzar100 View Post
I really want fire fox 3 and open office I WILL DO ANYTHING!!!
<raises one eyebrow ominously and smiles dangerously>

Anything?

just making sure:

do i need to un tar the debian image, or just the 1gb partion.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
  1. Untar the Debian image onto /media/mmc1 or /media/mmc2 ... you now have a big 1GB file called debian.img.ext2 on your SD card.
  2. Navigate to this page on your tablet. Click on either the mmc1 deb or the mmc2 deb, depending on where your Debian image is located. Install the file with Application Manager when the browser asks you.
  3. Enjoy OpenOffice, Firefox, etc.

strange. it didnt work. it installed everything, but none of the apps load....

oh i see, i didnt extract the disk image, only the fake 1gb of memory. Im extracting the disk image now. Have you tried out the DS or PS1 emulator for the n800

should i reinstall the .deb file, because i installed it before i extracted the Debian image.

should i reinstall the .deb file, because i installed it before i extracted the Debian image.
No. Just put the "debian.img.ext2" file in the right place and try your icons again. It will work if you have the file in the right place.

As I said above, try a small application first, like the matchbox keyboard. (you have to choose the matchbox kbd icon a second time to make it go away)

If that works, then go on to try bigger things.

dude its working thanks so much. the problem was that you had to restart after the installation

The Following User Says Thank You to maxzar100 For This Useful Post:
dude its working thanks so much. the problem was that you had to restart after the installation
That's a very interesting piece of information. I'll make sure to include that in future how-to tutorials. Thanks.

Originally Posted by qole View Post
Should I include the ext2.ko and mbcache.ko files? Do they come "stock" with OS2008?
They are stock files, so i wouldnt think you would want to add.

Your bzip2 dependency probably works in red-pill mode since thats how bzip2 needs to be installed (wont show in list otherwise). Thats probably not something you want to make users do though.

The Following User Says Thank You to pipeline For This Useful Post:

Tags
chroot, debian, easy debian