Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
well, I guess I should wait for another one to confirm the same behavior on stock, then misiak will lose 2:1 and we'll call that a feature not a bug

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
well, I guess I should wait for another one to confirm the same behavior on stock, then misiak will lose 2:1 and we'll call that a feature not a bug
I have kernel power installed but I highly doubt it could be related. What else could be related? Hildon-home? X.org? But again, peterleinchen confirmed this on stock PR1.3.1, so he has theoretically even older packages than I do... And last question - was my step-by-step tutorial in one of my previous posts correct or did I do anything wrong?

The Following User Says Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
In CSSU devel are new packages:
osso-af-utils, hildon-welcome, dsme

these packages have updated startup scripts with changes:
1) if file /proc/bootreason not exists, fallback to pwr_key reason
2) do not call getbootstate for checking for boot state, instead read boot state from /var/lib/dsme/saved_state (this file is generated by getbootstate which is called from /sbin/preinit at early boot time)

Note: getbootstate increasing reboot counter (if device boot reason is reboot or watchdog reset) and high counter make device unbootable

For testers: Test above new packages if maemo still booting and working without problems with various boot reasons (power key, alarm, charger, reboot)

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 220 | Thanked: 1,260 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Poland
There's new hildon-desktop version (2.2.151-1).

Changelog:
* Fixed: BMO #12266: hildon-desktop crashes when switching from fullscreen application to notification
* Fixed: Relaunching landscape-only application from the portrait launcher leads to visual glitches.
* Fixed: Going to the task navigator when the screen is rotating crashes h-d.
* Fixed: While locked in portrait and any time when installed app list is refreshed (by instaling new app or when this tool http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=88774 updates calendar icon) screen with apps icons used to launch them is broken: scroll doesn`t work properly at the end of the screen, newly installed app icon is missing, some icons are moved to the right and are unaccessible (like orientation is somehow partially switched to landscape).
* Fixed: The task navigator is updated before changing the screen orientation. Fixes a couple of visual glitches.
* Fixed: Sometimes launcher's scrollbar is wrongly positioned.
* Changed: Blacklisting behaviour.
Warning: new Qt version from CSSU-devel is required.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to arcean For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
I hope those poor CSSU-stable users won't have to wait too long for all your rock solid fixes and improvement to hildon-desktop

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
can anyone redirect me to latest Qt version release post from this thread ? i missed it.

edit: found it. its HERE incase anyone need it.

Last edited by panjgoori; 2013-03-02 at 16:16.

The Following User Says Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Quick question...
Where are the images for the slider taken from? /etc/hildon/theme of current theme, or /usr/share/themes/default of default theme? Because when I replace images in /etc/hildon/theme, and force-reload /etc/init.d/maemo-launcher, the lockslider background changes, but the slider itself doesn't.
And I remember that it used to work with stock lockscreen, long ago....
Also, are there any restrictions on size of slider image (except obvious not-larger-than-screen)?
Best wishes.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
@wikiwide: i searched a bit and found a thread. Downloaded a archive from that thread and it seems that lockscreen slider images are stored in

Code:
/opt/usr/share/themes/theme-name/images
I have uploaded locksliderthumb image from that archive HERE. You can check the thread HERE. Forgive me if i'm wrong.

And so far no problem with latest hildon-desktop update

The Following User Says Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
The fact is, the image which is saved in /opt/usr/share/themes/current-theme-name/images/LockSliderThumb.png, is different from the default image, and yet, the lockscreen continues to display the default-theme slider. The background (800x480) changes, all right and dandy, but the lockslider (thumb, thumbportrait, left, right, top and bottom) is displayed from the default theme, even when all /opt/usr/share/themes/current-theme-name/images/LockSlider*.png files are changed-replaced-modified. Even full reboot doesn't fix that problem. What on earth is going on?
Quarks are easier to understand... Let's see: up and down, top (truth) and bottom (beauty), strange and charm. See? I can recite them off the top of my head when woken in the middle of the night; many people can, I expect. But the slider... is troublesome.
Maybe, you are right, it's fault of hildon-desktop; I am using CSSU-Testing, after all, and you are likely using CSSU-Devel. But how does the problem persist even after reboot?..
Best wishes.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Now, I am absolutely sure that LockSlider*.png images are taken from the default-theme folder-directory, not the current theme. I just don't know why.
Can you point me towards the place this bug comes from?
Best wishes.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:

Tags
easter egg, lockslider