Hi,

When I plug in my headphones (tried it with three separate sets, so the problem is not related to faulty headsets) the audio does not get redirected to the headphones.

If I restart the phone with the headphones plugged in, the audio is routed to the headphones. However, if I now unplug the headphones the audio does not get redirected to the phone speakers.

Can anyone tell me how to go about debugging this?

Posts: 640 | Thanked: 435 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ rajvoSa BA
it seems like there's more devices like this. browse for headphonefix app...
ther's no permanent solution though

wait a minute, if the phone locks to the hph after restarting could mean it is not a hardware issue but software...

Originally Posted by taviman View Post
wait a minute, if the phone locks to the hph after restarting could mean it is not a hardware issue but software...
that is correct, it's probably software issue somewhere in alsa or in driver...

It could be a bug in the PR 1.3 version that I flashed. I used 40.2012.21-3_PR_009. I will try to find another version that I can flash.

EDIT: I flashed PR 1.3 version 009. Looks like there is nothing I can do, don't know if a "downgrade" is possible. (afaik, it is not).

Last edited by rahulthewall; 2012-07-21 at 23:19.

rahulthewall, unfortunately, downgrade is never possible unless RnD device or phoenix box (not sure if it would work for n9 though)

Will sending it for repair work, or will they not repair it because I flashed it?

Originally Posted by rahulthewall View Post
Will sending it for repair work, or will they not repair it because I flashed it?
not quite sure, really, i doubt that repair would works since they would just reflash same version...i think

@rahulthewall
Simply update your device using Nokia Software Updater (NSU) i had a quite similar issue..but after updating using NSU it was fixed.
Further more...if your warranty was void because of software issues..it ill return too!
Best of Luck!

And yes..updating in that way is equivalent to flashing rootFS