Notices

is there a way to compile the level.lua again? i know that it isn't necessary at all, but for the sake of compiling the level.lua again, how can it be done? and what program to use? thanks in advance,

btw, kudos to forcer for making the editor possible

Posts: 135 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Slovakia/Bratislava
you can do it with luac, but it needs to be compiled with floats instead of doubles.

thanks for replyin` forcer, I would like to ask for your help on what code should i use so it will compile into floats instead of doubles?

see http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=393873
except you don't need to play with luadec, because luac is included in lua distribution

Last edited by forcer; 2011-08-05 at 17:58.

Hi Forcer, I have used your editor and had fun creating levels, thank you for that. I am having a problem playing the custom level in PC Angry Birds, when I replace the file "Level1.lua" in C:\Program Files\Rovio\Angry Birds\data\levels\pack1 with the new custom one i copied from the editor, the Angry birds crashes and gives me this error:
Excepted type STRING at stack position 1 but found NIL call stack:
=?(0)
=?(0)
=?(0)
(end)

the file renders fine in the editor, but i can not get it to work in Angry Birds.I attached it here one of the files on the thread that does not work on my PC if you want to check it. Can you please help me?
Attached Files
File Type: txt level one script modified.txt (18.2 KB, 182 views)

@edd,

did you check if the objects doesnt occupy the space for the birds and the slingshot? it happened to me before and i also got that error, try to move things a little bit away from the birds area

Last edited by Alphafive; 2011-08-06 at 17:52.

hi alphafive,

I tried but it did not solve the problem. I am using edited levels on this thread - not custom made- so they worked before with other users. Forcer is on this and i hope he can figure out the problem.
Thanks for your feedback.

Check out this one created by me, there is only one tricky way to finish it so enjoy
Attached Files
File Type: zip Level1.zip (2.9 KB, 206 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to vik_ram For This Useful Post:
The site doesn't seem to be working as of this morning when I woke up. Does anyone know what is going on with it?

fixed. - page now works again.

Tags
angry birds, level editor