Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
lol. I love how my name strikes fear into infidels

Lol. I love how you comment about infidels

I'm flattered

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
II Think jolla is a deadend. Its One thing to release a device another to survive on an tight market. I Simply dont see how they can make a project alive without more many injected and sooner or later the many will stop.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
A small company could probably survive on N900 or N9 sales numbers, certainly on Lumia 900 numbers. They just can't keep a monster like Nokia going. Jolla/Meego won't have generate billions to survive and fill a niche nicely.

Registered Linux user #266531. Android user since v1.0.
Registered Linux user #266531.

II Think jolla is a deadend. Its One thing to release a device another to survive on an tight market. I Simply dont see how they can make a project alive without more many injected and sooner or later the many will stop.
If they can deliver a competitive OS with 200 people everything is possible. They're independent from hardware manufacturers and service providers, sth which could actually make them an attractive option.

I hope their former affiliation with nokia doesn't hurt them.

Needless to say I'm more excited about this than I ever was about nokia's efforts, even though it has less chances to succeed (ok that's probably a bit exaggerated, but I'm glad somebody with commitment and less coporate ******** has taken over from nokia)

Last edited by Rugoz; 2012-07-23 at 01:21.

If these are the same people that brought you N900 and N9, GOOD LUCK. They will not be competitive.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Lumiaman Della Trollo. Please don't show your stupidity in public!

You don't have a clue who is behind this or if they are competitiive enough or not!

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Lumiaman Della Trollo. Please don't show your stupidity in public!

You don't have a clue who is behind this or if they are competitiive enough or not!
Of course we do, they told us. Half of the people are from now defunct Maemo/Harmattan unit. What will change to make them competitive? That is what we should ask them and try to have them see their faults. Even our Quim Gil tweeted this:

https://fr.twitter.com/quimgil/statu...54463529025536

The question is: do they have the leadership, the mojo, and the donkey to do it?

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Of course we do, they told us. Half of the people are from now defunct Maemo/Harmattan unit. What will change to make them competitive? That is what we should ask them and try to have them see their faults. Even our Quim Gil tweeted this:

https://fr.twitter.com/quimgil/statu...54463529025536

The question is: do they have the leadership, the mojo, and the donkey to do it?
Don't tell me you are that stupid? You know anything about them? what they have done, what they havent done? how they do stuff? And even if you do. THIS IS A NEW COMPANY!

That means they can use the knowledge from the past and invent new ones.

You can do lots of cool stuff as small company that a big one never could. Wait and see.

I don't have my hopes so high, but at least wait and see before you post rookie comments.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Don't tell me you are that stupid? You know anything about them? what they have done, what they havent done? how they do stuff? And even if you do. THIS IS A NEW COMPANY!

That means they can use the knowledge from the past and invent new ones.

You can do lots of cool stuff as small company that a big one never could. Wait and see.

I don't have my hopes so high, but at least wait and see before you post rookie comments.
Refrain from labeling people stupid etc, as it is probably a reflection of who you are rather than the opposite. People dont change easily. Yes, they may have more freedom as a small company but habits are hard to change. There is a lot of irrational exuberance about this company, which means we are all stupid for even wasting our times to post anything.