Posts: 77 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Chester, CA
After tearing apart my n900 upwards of 6+ times to bend the pins on the headphone jack to get it to recognize when headphones are attached, i'm growing tired of doing this.

Anyone have an extra/spare 3.5mm module or know where one can buy an oem/new one?

Thanks-

The Following User Says Thank You to eleseur For This Useful Post:
Bump. Still looking for a replacement jack, or if someone has a broken n900 but the jack is still good, i'm interested.

Pin re-bending on the 3.5mm are becoming a weekly necessity for my n900

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by eleseur View Post
Pin re-bending on the 3.5mm are becoming a weekly necessity for my n900
I to am interested in a source for these. I insert my headphones multiple times a day. It would be nice to know where they're available.

Look on the plus side you'll know your N900 inside out!

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following User Says Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Posts: 202 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Apeldoorn, Netherlands
http://www.telecomshop.nl/nokia-n900...tor-35-mm.html

Seems a dutch shop has them in stock... If you want, I can buy them and send them to CA/ENG, but maybe you can buy it yourself?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tiempjuuh For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tiempjuuh View Post
http://www.telecomshop.nl/nokia-n900...tor-35-mm.html

Seems a dutch shop has them in stock... If you want, I can buy them and send them to CA/ENG, but maybe you can buy it yourself?
That would be awfullly nice of you, i tried to stumble through their checkout using google translate, but they won't accept my address.

I'll pm about it a bit later today.

I can try filling it in for you, if it won't work I can send it

Well, next details etc. in PM

The Following User Says Thank You to tiempjuuh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 149 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Florida
Bluetooth is an alternative. I've only used the headphone jack in mine less than a dozen times.
I've used both regular hands-free units and stereo headphones with it and they work great.

The Following User Says Thank You to glabifrons For This Useful Post:
Thats what i was thinking in the mean time, my uncle is from the netherlands so he could prob help me place an order, but do you have any reccommendations for a good reciever? I

've contemplated trying to wire up a 3.5mm jack to the pcb from a s9-hd i have that i tore apart to make a diy adapter, but sound quality issues with BT are common with these recievers, no matter what the brand it seems. And i'd like to put a bigger lipo pack on the s9 pcb as well, just not the 2400mah 3.7v tenergy ones i have that are like 3"x4". Way too big of an enclosure would be necessary.

Theres a few high quality BT reciever boards i've looked into to diy the process, but they're fairly expensive, though top of the line reciever units. Something like this-

http://www.kcwirefree.com/kc6112.html

A lipo, project box, and a female 3.5mm jack would be all thats necessary, and of course a single ended primary inductive converter to get a constant voltage output from the lipo.

That would be badass as far as a diy reciever, but costly. I'd rather mod an existing one with a different enclosure, and higher mah lipo pack to get more than the standard ~5hrs battery life you get with BT recievers.

Ideally, i would prob just find a good BT reciever, and tear it down, put a higher capacity lipo in it, and find an appropriate enclousure to put it in. The problem is finding a reciever that provides good quality sound.

I won't use anything but my jbud j4's, so it has to have a female 3.5mm jack, preferable not attached to a cable lead, and at least 8h talk time.

Another option i've considered is a sepic voltage regulator, a lipo cell, and one of those belkin recievers on newegg. But they seem to have mixed reviews as far as sound quality, to be fair though thats prob because they designed it terribly, and a simple mod removing a metal plate fixes the range issue. Still, thats going to draw 5v 180ma, and require a large lipo cell and enclosure box.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by eleseur; 2013-01-01 at 08:12.

I sent you that the linked shop ships to the US didn't I?

If not I am sorry, I really did but maybe it didn't come through...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tiempjuuh For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tiempjuuh View Post
I sent you that the linked shop ships to the US didn't I?

If not I am sorry, I really did but maybe it didn't come through...
Yes it came through, i just would rather have someone who speaks dutch be able to translate/place the order for me. Thanks for letting me know they ship stateside

Tags
nokia n900